Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Preliminarily ... a medium impact partial Miller B, Friday

Typhoon Tip

3 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

The Berkshires are going to get destroyed. Essentially the Berkshires is the rest of the NHL and this storm is the Bruins. Wish you could easily animate this but a single-frame will have to do but it's just consistent intense lift...plus when you factor in an upslope flow. Wouldn't be surprised to see a few 18-24'' totals there

image.thumb.png.b897221edb6425430893af9138db0753.png

Beast is going to get a 20 burger I bet....great spot in northern Berks.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I would. Euro was taking this over like ORH on some runs a few days back. Lol. If this ends up over ACK or CHH like most guidance has, that’s a pretty bad cave by euro vs gfs. GFS was def too far SE but I think it wins this one 60/40 or 70/30. But we’re not at verification yet. Euro may win if we’re measuring from like 60-72 hours out but I was measuring from like D4-5. 

Looking for advice:  My wife is having her sister and father come down tonight from Sunapee so they can leave for Hadley Mass tomorrow around 4PM.  We live out in the Mason/Greenville area just north of Ashby at around 800ft elevation. What weather should I expect at that time?  Trying to determine if this is a good idea.

• Weenie 1

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

would not be shocked, and it looks like back to back with next week... they just all pulled off an 8-10er this past Sunday, good Berk winter of yore, actually lived in Pittsfield until I was like 4, have some vague memories of piles of snow

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

This is a fantastic spot for the Berkshires. Not so great just west of them in the Hudson Valley lol. One thing to really watch is the decaying CCB...some signals this could continue to ail the Berkshires well into Friday night. 

4 minutes ago, masonwoods said:

Looking for advice:  My wife is having her sister and father come down tonight from Sunapee so they can leave for Hadley Mass tomorrow around 4PM.  We live out in the Mason/Greenville area just north of Ashby at around 800ft elevation. What weather should I expect at that time?  Trying to determine if this is a good idea.

Oh man, that is close to a pounding there...but even if it isn't, the drive to Hadley from there takes you across Rt 2 in MA, right? I'd have to imagine it's not going to be the easiest travel in those spots around Gardner/Winchendon.

Only saving grace is the heaviest precip might be before that...so perhaps 4pm isn't quite as bad as it would be around midday or sometime in the morning.

4 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Even at 7-8:1 ratios, That's a healthy dumping on the 12z HRRR in the areas that stay snow.

floop-hrrr-2022121512.sn10_acc.us_ne.gif

I've been morbidly impressed with how consistently these solutions have placed PWM right on the cutoff line despite other fluctuations. This could be excruciating. Glad to see the mountains getting buried either way.

• Like 1

One thing that makes me nervous (especially with my forecast for northern Connecticut) in the thump zones is the majority of the stronger lift is well above the DGZ. With a marginal profile (well boundary layer), even with the more intense lift it could be difficult to get much snow. Could be dealing with crappy flakes size and horrific ratios. Have to check some bufkit soundings a bit more in-depth but I would imaging ratios could be as bad as like 6:1

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PWMan said:

I've been morbidly impressed with how consistently these solutions have placed PWM right on the cutoff line despite other fluctuations. This could be excruciating. Glad to see the mountains getting buried either way.

Your areas is certainly on the fence, You could either get a good surprise, Or you could get porked.

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

One thing that makes me nervous (especially with my forecast for northern Connecticut) in the thump zones is the majority of the stronger lift is well above the DGZ. With a marginal profile (well boundary layer), even with the more intense lift it could be difficult to get much snow. Could be dealing with crappy flakes size and horrific ratios. Have to check some bufkit soundings a bit more in-depth but I would imaging ratios could be as bad as like 6:1

You def want a cross hair sig to maximize any latent cooling potential.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

you posted it in relation to this storm and overnite model runs , no ? It earned the nickname dr no a long time ago 

I mean in general. The model has lost a lot of its ability imo. I realize the Dr No saying..wasn’t meaning that.  It used to lock on to stuff once in its wheel house, and you could pretty much take it to the bank most times(there would always be an exception here or there), now it’s all over the place. I think that much is very evident.  That’s my point.  You don’t have to agree, but it ain’t what it used to be. Not by a long shot. 

5 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

was thinking the same, looks better just north with the lift and DGZ, may be looking at hours of sugar here while they pile dendrites up to the kneecap

3 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

At least with 18z data yesterday it was tough to find that outside of southern Vermont down into the Berkshires and into extreme northwest Connecticut. 

Check out the 3k early tomorrow....coming in pretty thumpy for CT....and looking at the soundings, you can see why. This is Tolland at 09z tomorrow...great cross hair sig

image.png.c7da6a5489bba7d55e1f7d78721cefb4.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Check out the 3k early tomorrow....coming in pretty thumpy for CT....and looking at the soundings, you can see why. This is Tolland at 09z tomorrow...great cross hair sig

image.png.c7da6a5489bba7d55e1f7d78721cefb4.png

Holy crap...that is a great sounding. Some of the soundings were showing potential for a pretty solid thump which lead to to think 2-4'' for northern half of Connecticut. I really hope that verifies.

• Like 2

Holy crap...that is a great sounding. Some of the soundings were showing potential for a pretty solid thump which lead to to think 2-4'' for northern half of Connecticut. I really hope that verifies.

Yeah its going to be all about the omega and how strong it is and where it lines up....you rip 30-50 microbars in the DGZ, then there are going to be some surprises. If you don't line it up and/or omega is weaker, then it's a cold rain for most outside the very highest spots in Berks/N ORH/Monads

• Like 1

KDIT needs it, we’re concerned the beers are already being funneled down his esophagus. 

• Haha 1