• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Preliminarily ... a medium impact partial Miller B, Friday

Typhoon Tip

Current forecast for Farmington, considerably higher than last evening's version:

Today
Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph.
Tonight
A 20 percent chance of snow after midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 27. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph.
Friday
Snow, mainly after 11am. High near 31. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
Friday Night
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 28. Northeast wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.
Saturday
Snow before 1pm, then rain and snow between 1pm and 5pm, then snow after 5pm. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 34. North wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.
Saturday Night
Snow showers likely before 7pm, then rain and snow showers likely between 7pm and 8pm, then snow showers likely after 8pm. Cloudy, with a low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

21 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

The next gtg should be more of a classroom style where the mets use a projection screen to teach soundings and the like while the students drink and chew, and eat, until we pass out. 

Now I like that idea! Well, and actually making it to a GTG! I've always wanted to learn how to read those soundings, but have never actually pursued it. I'd like to see what mine from Westfield shows seeing how Tolland looks

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Berkshire East has a base elevation of 660’ 

Yikes 

big gradient over 1140’ feet vertical With this one 

They'll be helped by upslope there and some latitude. Being on the east slope there should help with some of the cooling. Even if the immediate base is a bit sloppy, you prob won't have to go up more than a couple hundred feet before its a lot better.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

They'll be helped by upslope there and some latitude. Being on the east slope there should help with some of the cooling. Even if the immediate base is a bit sloppy, you prob won't have to go up more than a couple hundred feet before its a lot better.

What resorts if any in SVT get a boost from Easterly flow 

24 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

NAM has pretty shitty snow growth for ORH.

Gonna be watching the short term guidance todya pretty closely....def some differences. 3k was a lot snowier (esp down in CT) than the 12k NAM.

RAP early tomorrow has excellent snow growth for ORH that would prob help overcome the mild sfc...but the below is the kind of sig we want to see

image.png.816b4a5e40ef01c0dc69633bad9c142e.png

Have been bouncing around spots trying to decide where to chase/ski / stay over Friday / Friday nite  as my pass has hunter , mount snow , Crotched , Sunapee , wildcat but with work till 8 this pm , I’d prefer to leave in early  (6)am , not to mention prices at mount snow are pretty steep for lodging 

I wonder if wildcat will be too far north or does the East flow kinda give them a decent “floor” 

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Have been bouncing around spots trying to decide where to chase/ski / stay over Friday / Friday nite  as my pass has hunter , mount snow , Crotched , Sunapee , wildcat but with work till 8 this pm , I’d prefer to leave in am , not to mention prices at mount snow are pretty steep for lodging 

I wonder if wild cat will be too far north or does the East flow kinda give them a decent “floor” 

I’d be a place like cranmore is going to clean up