Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Preliminarily ... a medium impact partial Miller B, Friday

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, jbenedet said:

You guys do this for work and you still suck at it. immensely. Society gives you a zero-value contribution. Do better.

Find something more productive to do with yourself.

so are you saying that the pattern hasn't changed since the first half of Novie?

8 minutes ago, tunafish said:

Appreciate the explanation!

Trying to figure out when, and how incessantly, I need to be watching for changes to snow Friday evening for official obs purposes.

No problem, just my quick assessment. I'm leaning towards a flip back over to snow during the very late afternoon or early evening there. It will be super interesting there, especially since the depth of the warmer layer is quite shallow. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Low is over my fanny.

After it took the low about 100 miles south from it's interior SNE days, it's been pretty stubborn tracking it from E LI to SE MA for the last 5-6 runs.....06z was maybe the furthest south....it did get the low kind of close to you, but it did it in a colder manner tracking it south of BID and just S of MVY before it hooked it left. 12z run doesn't take as wide of a turn.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah it has some snow pre-dawn for your 'hood. Maybe a couple inches. Not as good as GFS though.

Based on what I’ve seen it’s likely to start as rain or a mix and if the dynamics change lay out as modeled.. it would switch to snow in the pre dawn hours and then flip back to rain once heavy precip moves north?

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Based on what I’ve seen it’s likely to start as rain or a mix and if the dynamics change lay out as modeled.. it would switch to snow in the pre dawn hours and then flip back to rain once heavy precip moves north?

Yeah you'll prob get a period of parachutes when the lift is good predawn and then you lose them as lift moves on and/or 925 warms too much to support snow any longer. Whichever happens first.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

In the past when it’s been warmest .. how has it turned out? Good or bad 

In the past, It would've been bad, But i'm not so sure for this one, Its been pretty stubborn, As well as not a sure bet like it use to be, The other guidance had waffled around a bit but has come in colder for many, Its will come down to that SLP track and where it actually ends up tracking, As many others have mentioned, Would like to see it go a few tics further SE, So i'm not sure if i would hang my hat on it exclusively right now but would have to give it some weight until it blinks if it does at all.

14 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

BOX FTW it looks like

I'm not at all comfortable yet for your 'hood on just going borderline advisory snow. I've been noticing the RAP cooling all day today....Euro continues to be an issue obviously, but we'll keep tracking. RAP has you with this sounding at 15z tomorrow with already 6+ fallen

image.png.edb75173847f7b774e82350159001f63.png