Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Preliminarily ... a medium impact partial Miller B, Friday

Typhoon Tip

8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Gonna be watching the short term guidance todya pretty closely....def some differences. 3k was a lot snowier (esp down in CT) than the 12k NAM.

RAP early tomorrow has excellent snow growth for ORH that would prob help overcome the mild sfc...but the below is the kind of sig we want to see

image.png.816b4a5e40ef01c0dc69633bad9c142e.png

Out of curiosity.. which one verifies /scores better on soundings?

21 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Have been bouncing around spots trying to decide where to chase/ski / stay over Friday / Friday nite  as my pass has hunter , mount snow , Crotched , Sunapee , wildcat but with work till 8 this pm , I’d prefer to leave in early  (6)am , not to mention prices at mount snow are pretty steep for lodging 

I wonder if wildcat will be too far north or does the East flow kinda give them a decent “floor” 

i don't know, but i would bet that Sunapee does pretty well in this. not a ton of places to stay in that immediate area though

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, UnitedWx said:

Now I like that idea! Well, and actually making it to a GTG! I've always wanted to learn how to read those soundings, but have never actually pursued it. I'd like to see what mine from Westfield shows seeing how Tolland looks

What's your elevation and how far west of 91 are you.? Also

https://wildcardweather.com/2015/02/21/learn-to-read-a-skew-t-diagram-like-a-meteorologist-in-pictures/

• Thanks 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Sucks it can't just be a bit further SE and slowly move north Saturday. 

Yeah that early Sat flashover wouldve been cool, but the stall rarely works out. Gonna be too far northeast by that time....maybe a period of SN-, but no big CCB finish.