Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Preliminarily ... a medium impact partial Miller B, Friday

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I have a bad , depressing feeling about this . I lost all the positive vibes I was feeling yesterday. Are you thinking that falls on the backside tomorrow night? 

You may get a couple tomorrow and then maybe some late tomorrow night.  But it’s marginal there so wait until 12z.

11 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Euro so bad compared to what it used to be…getting schooled by almost everything now. 

It is normal for a model to tick 15 miles ...they always do . We have everything under a microscope . Plus models trended toward euro ML tracks yesterday pm as nam and gfs went NW with those 

My hope is that 3z to 12z Saturday tickles East a tad as we get closer to 36 hours out for that time frame 

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

It is normal for a model to tick 15 miles ...they always do . We have everything under a microscope . Plus models trended toward euro ML tracks yesterday pm.

Ya pickles…I’m not buying that. I’m not talking about tics. The model is mediocre now…at best. It’s lost ground over the years. 

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 2

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

You worry way too much about stuff that’s completely out of your control lol.

Weather is always a worry to me. I literally can’t help it. It’s just inherently built into my programming . When it snows, I worry about when it might melt, when it’s supposed to snow I worry about Ray getting more, when it’s supposed to be windy I worry about what if if there’s no damage 

• Haha 5
  • Weenie 3

16 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

you posted it in relation to this storm and overnite model runs , no ? It earned the nickname dr no a long time ago 

Euro did get schooled overall on the track in this event. It’s basically gone 70% toward the GFS in the past 48 hours while the GFS only went a little toward the Euro.

It remains to be seen if those warm thermals verify though it should be noted that the euro’s thermals are definitely a solid tick cooler than they were yesterday at this point. 

13 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Box has legitimate concerns about the impact of "warm" air from the ocean impacting snowfall totals. At this point they are being conservative which seems to be the way to go as things stand right now.

Yeah.  I read their AFD.  I understand that they are being conservative.

I think they will be wrong WRT my backyard...lol

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Euro did get schooled overall on the track in this event. It’s basically gone 70% toward the GFS in the past 48 hours while the GFS only went a little toward the Euro.

It remains to be seen if those warm thermals verify though it should be noted that the euro’s thermals are definitely a solid tick cooler than they were yesterday at this point. 

Did Reggie cool or still torched at 925?

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It was trying to get 925 0C to KLCI lol. I’m not sure of that.

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I mean gfs took this to bench mark for a couple runs ..then it went NW 100 miles over 18 hours  For its sat am position . I just wouldn’t say gfs schooled it . 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Weather is always a worry to me. I literally can’t help it. It’s just inherently built into my programming . When it snows, I worry about when it might melt, when it’s supposed to snow I worry about Ray getting more, when it’s supposed to be windy I worry about what if if there’s no damage 

...and you do not  have control over any of that so there is no sense in worrying about something that you have no control over. 

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

There it is. I can’t believe you worry about Ray lol. 

Anyways just jumped to 40 after a dusting of snow last night. Will be all a dream shortly. 

12 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What a melt.

• Haha 1