Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Obs. : TROPICAL STORM Henri

TalcottWx

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Moldy stuff. I will be power washing house and deck in September before fall sets in for sure. 

I'm usually good for a couple years.  My house is pretty open all around to dry out.  No more deck to worry about now either,  Patio being installed in the next couple weeks.  Just going to have a small landing to content with.

10 hours ago, weathafella said:

I remember Edna of course from NNJ as a very wet blow which makes sense.  Hazel made landfall in NC but NYC still managed a gust to 113.

We missed some of Edna's rain, maybe a bit too far west.  I remember flying kites that afternoon.  Hazel plastered our house with leaf salad, a phenomenon I've seen only twice.  2nd time was June 1975 in Franklin, Maine, with tender early season leaves shredded by RA/wind at Donnell Pond.  Hazel held its winds for an anomalously long time over land.  IIRC, it set a wind speed record at BTV in addition to NYC.
1954 was our "family" season for 'canes:  Carol (cousin), Edna (aunt,), Hazel (great aunt).  :lol:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, radarman said:

This happened to ours too.  We cut the flowers to take the weight off and help the stems stand up again.  We'll see if they can be saved.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/sunflower/is-my-sunflower-an-annual-or-a-perennial-sunflower.htm

If they're annual you may have to put the seed heads back in that same area after the cut flowers die for them to grow back.  Perennial ones die off with the frost every year anyway, so they should just grow back next spring.

Queensryche ...wow -

Quick search and they apparently, ' ...Continue to tour and record,' and their legacy is "1980 - present"  ?  (Course, Wiki page could have been composed by a fan ...)

That must be the longest successfully operating "band-franchise," not suffering the cliche dramatic band split up in the history of that particular rock sub-genre, ever.  I think I read somewhere that gold/and/or platinum VIP ranked pop-cultural bands seldom get longer then 5 years when the success confetti rains begin to fall before someone in the outfit O.D's, or has some other kind of Narcissistic meltdown, or Bi-Polar proof that creative genius is often couched in insanity.  1980 is 40 years ago...  HEllo

I never got into them..  That one song ..."Silent lucidity," a title that always sounded like an oxymoron to me, it always sparked images of stoned head bangers thinking they were being deep. Oh, I'm sure their swell, super smart artists.  I have to admit though, just seeing the name, Queensryche ... it triggered one of those look off to the side stare in nostalgia moments. 

That song was on the radio - why do we remember moments that seem utterly in-germane?  I've always mastered this ability.  Couldn't garner a decent grade on an exam in college to save a life, but by gum ...back in 1996, this bloke had five slices of bologna on his sandwich for lunch.  And so, I'm sitting there alone at the kitchen table, and I can still smell that generation's lingering life in the air of my grandfather's dilapidated house. My grandmother vanquished some five or six years earlier, and he was a "professional alcoholic being forced into retirement."   Battle Creek Michigan. I was sent there by La Familia political pressure to custodian the place. This was while he encroached on the final curtain call, though we didn't know  it at that time - denial..etc.  That was when dinosaurs roamed the 1991.  It was a lonely time... Michigan winters have a way of making one feel pretty isolated. And it's just dark. Between October and March it seems like the sun must rise at noon and its still dark by 5.  And the mise en science is a tediously blue-collar zeitgeist - or at least was, too much so, for may taste. It wasn't just for the assholier-than-thou arrogance of youth. I was frustrated because I really knew the person I was talking to was challenged for certain ideas and modes of anything really; yet I possessed no qualitative achievements of my own.  The era of life has its own chapter, as tedious and uninteresting as it ultimately was ...Maybe if ever writing memoir that tile of that chapter should be 'Queensryche'