Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Obs. : TROPICAL STORM Henri

TalcottWx

47 minutes ago, amarshall said:

Depends duxbury is $500,  my marina is $300

How much is an insurance deductible on a boat?  No idea what cost of damage is or anything regarding insurance on a boat… obviously that money is fairly significant but is it something most boat owners would do again next week if the same scenario happened again?  How rough does it have to get wind/seas to cause big issues to marinas?

2 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Many are complaining about a bust. I am relieved, several friends and family have no power.  2 have damage to their homes and one has a massive tree blocking his driveway with a wire underneath it so no one will touch it, he can't get out. But all are prepped and OK. You all can have all the damage you want. Nice for me to watch some big gusts and not have any damage or power loss.

That was my family’s opinion when I left CT too… glad and thankful it was less than what might have been possible.  Still enough power outages to be “a storm” though. I’d assume most homeowners down there are happy with as little damage as possible.

I can definitely see the weather hobbyists disappointment too.  I still think every tropical system from Texas to Maine gets overhyped, not necessary a bad thing, and someone gets boned out of a good storm, but they continue to show how complex they are with so many different threat types.  Models handle them quite poorly too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Top 5 river flood event taking place here in town. The river went from 3.42ft 24 hours ago to 11ft tonight. 

Gauge height beats 1955.

The Hock! I grew up in Vernon and saw it flood from time to time. Never anything like today. I saw that rain band sitting 3 miles ssw. You knew what was happening even though no posters there 

• Like 1

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

The Hock! I grew up in Vernon and saw it flood from time to time. Never anything like today. I saw that rain band sitting 3 miles ssw. You knew what was happening even though no posters there 

We had two top ten floods last month and this blows them away, both in height and flow. Crazy.