• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 31st - 33rd Storm Obs and Disco like it's 1979

Bob Chill

3.6" total on the event. 2.5" with the initial WAA thump, as well as 1.1" so far today (not counting the massive sheet of ice I had to deal with when clearing my board, when did that happen?? Maybe like a quarter of an inch of solid ice). Pristine winter day out there. Hoping the ice preserves the snowpack until our polar blast next week. Also got to enjoy the snow with my German Shepherd. He honestly might be a bigger snow weenie than I am lol. Glad peeps in N Maryland cashed out big from this, you guys deserved it!! Hoping this is just the start of a memorable February :snowing:

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

No complaints here. Looks and feels like winter for the past 4 days and more on the way. Best stretch in forever it seems.

Agree.  This was fun.  Looks awesome.  The funny thing is once the grass is totally covered and most of the roads hard to tell if it’s 4 inches or 14.  Most of us were frenzied, me included, over shades of color on snow maps.  Will try not to do that again and just enjoy it....I said try

• Like 1

Picked up .7 over the past 2 hours. 9.8 total for the event. Have a little over 8 on the ground. And it is still snowing. Some great snow piles at the end of driveway. This stuff is going to be around for a while. Should pass 10 inches overnight hopefully.  This is the best Miller B I can ever remember for our area. We usually get completely shafted in Miller B's. Not this time. 

• Like 1

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Picked up .7 over the past 2 hours. 9.8 total for the event. Have a little over 8 on the ground. And it is still snowing. Some great snow piles at the end of driveway. This stuff is going to be around for a while. Should pass 10 inches overnight hopefully.  This is the best Miller B I can ever remember for our area. We usually get completely shafted in Miller B's. Not this time. 

Couldn’t agree more. Latitude played a big role for us along the northern tier. Gotta give a few models credit for sticking with their guns regarding these bands making their way into the northern portion of the area. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

Agree.  This was fun.  Looks awesome.  The funny thing is once the grass is totally covered and most of the roads hard to tell if it’s 4 inches or 14.  Most of us were frenzied, me included, over shades of color on snow maps.  Will try not to do that again and just enjoy it....I said try

I couldn’t agree more with this post! I guess it’s been so long since we had just a beautiful blanket of white like this.. and it is still snowing lightly! 

84A7CD43-C10B-416D-974E-DC58FAD8268C.jpeg

A9DFA7C9-9F7D-45F1-9D86-9F747FFBFA8A.jpeg

• Like 12

Happy to report from the northern tier that, while less than I personally expected, it was warning criteria (well at least what I qualify to be a warning around here at my back yard ) and it was fun to track and feel included for 2 days of an east coast storm.

But man... 3 days of modeling for the big one up north to be our baby only to have the rug pulled out by the NAM on Sat night hurt. Big reminder to me that despite what the Euro and GFS says about 24” 3-4 days out..... or that damn RGEM that stoked the fire ... Miller Bs will always be game time wildcard storms. I need to temper expectations.

• Like 3

Just now, DCTeacherman said:

Man my parents are sending ridiculous pictures from the Hudson valley where I grew up.  They’ve been getting banded for about 12 hours now.  They had well over 18 inches by dark.  Gonna be some gaudy numbers up in the Hudson valley and northern NJ. 

Yeah. My folks are a little NW of Philly and they got destroyed today. No doubt. 

13 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

That area averages 1100 to 2000 feet (Ft. Ritchie) it's such a weird, cool area!

Yup...generally if there are a few outliers in total accumulations relative to other areas in the mtns...it is because they are just 600-1000' higher than the normal 1000' elevation measurements...

1 minute ago, DCTeacherman said:

Man my parents are sending ridiculous pictures from the Hudson valley where I grew up.  They’ve been getting banded for about 12 hours now.  They had well over 18 inches by dark.  Gonna be some gaudy numbers up in the Hudson valley and northern NJ. 

Check the pic above your post. Sent from suffern in Rockland county. They have 2 feet 

Just now, Maestrobjwa said:

Well, unfortunately we didn't hit warning criteria here in Baltimore ...but the beautiful snow scenery was really nice to look at. I hope at least one of the next two windows of potential will finally yield us our first verified warning level event since 2016!!

Were we not in a warning during March 18’? Maybe not but if feel like I remember getting a quick 5” in Dundalk and then March melting of course 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic