Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 31st - 33rd Storm Obs and Disco like it's 1979

Bob Chill

2 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Same. Woke up and looked at the radar without even having looked out the window.

My reaction: Dafuq?

Woke up and looked out the window before I put the glasses on.  It had a fuzzy look to the sky but didn't think much of it.  Went into the kitchen and saw big fatties floating down.  Wind driven.  The 5 yr old kid in me wanted to go sledding at night right then.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, H2O said:

2" since last night and still snowing.  Main roads wet but side streets covered.

Storm total is now 4"  That was my low bar for the whole damn thing and TBH it wasn't looking good.  This surprise snow overnight got me there.  Happy.

yay!!! 

• Like 1

Just now, North Balti Zen said:

Yup. Add me into the holy crap index. After almost a complete subsidence help whiff all day yesterday it is legit snow here now and radar looks frisky. 

I woke up just as the band started here and went for a long walk. Just got back and measured. 5.25” depth so about 6” total. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, DCTeacherman said:

Hahaha

This is the 3rd day I’m waking up to wintry precip in a row.  Gimme a coastal sitting off ocean city any day. 

Yes.  Gimme a coastal ONLY.  Not some stupid primary that dry slots because it sits too far NW and forgets to send the file to the coastal to get going.

Just now, leesburg 04 said:

You seem happier today...what happened did you have a nice breakfast or something?

apple turnover, banana and greek yougurt.  

• Weenie 1

I haven’t checked the board since the 18z runs went north on Saturday. But to be honest, in NW DC, this has been a legit storm (that also shattered the myth that freezing rain can’t accumulate on dc roads).Just measured about 2 inches new since late last night, 4.5-5 total so far. This is why we track!

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic