Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Jan 31st - 33rd Storm Obs and Disco like it's 1979

Bob Chill

20 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I woke up just as the band started here and went for a long walk. Just got back and measured. 5.25” depth so about 6” total. 

One inch here since I went to be at 11 last night - gets me to 5.1” storm total. Even if this current band is only clipping me, that was a fun inch to pickup - gets the total event over five inches here. Agreed, helluva winter scene.

9 minutes ago, chris21 said:

I haven’t checked the board since the 18z runs went north on Saturday. But to be honest, in NW DC, this has been a legit storm (that also shattered the myth that freezing rain can’t accumulate on dc roads).Just measured about 2 inches new since late last night, 4.5-5 total so far. This is why we track!

The only people who say DC 'can't' accumulate on roads live smack downtown at the lowest point and talk as if a microdot is the whole city.  I'm in far SE (about a 1/4 mile from the line) and I can guarantee stuff accumulates here. Had too much ice/sleet yesterday and it put a nice crust over the snow.

The local meteorologists are guilty of this nonsense too...all the reporting is in NW as are the stations and even the SE measuring station is around the Navy yard I believe with tons of concrete there.

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

Holy shit! It’s a Groundhog Day miracle!!! 

Just measured a fresh 1” on the snowboard since 7pm yesterday and it’s coming down! Dendrites! Fluff! Not sand!!:snowwindow::snowing:

I have to give this storm some props - this streamer is catching many of us who got subsidence helled yesterday. Nice of it to spread the wealth a little.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic