Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Jan 31st - 33rd Storm Obs and Disco like it's 1979

Bob Chill

3 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

it's been wonderful!

and it took 36 hours to get 6" at my house, lol.

You just got a little unlucky with the banding. No one can know who is gonna get lucky with that. It worked out for us this time. Probably you next time. This band isnt as heavy as I was expecting. I will measure later tonight. Now that the suns down compaction should be less anyways. 

5 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

it's been wonderful!

and it took 36 hours to get 6" at my house, lol.

While accums were negligible in this part of the world, you make light of one of the most interesting aspects of this storm...its longevity. We had a light, though steady snow most of yesterday, turning into sleet/freezing drizzle into the early morning hours today. Had ice and/or light snow from late morning today onward, and this continues on/off. I almost like the long-term storm as much as the huge snow amounts we got during the one-two HECS punch exactly a decade ago.

-SN continues here, down to 29.

• Like 1

respectable finale here.  radar still showing some bands rotating through clearly battling some of that drier air to the south.  will be interesting to see how long that battle zone/pivot can hold.  got a nice little stroll around the park in.  sidewalks getting covered again.  plenty of ice accretion has turned things crunchy here.  snow on ice on snow.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic