• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mansour
    Newest Member
    mansour
WxUSAF

February 10-12, 2019 Storm

That’s enough about LWX. Their forecast wasn’t 100% correct in a complicated situation. Shocker. They did pretty well CWA wide. Conversation over.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

As a federal employee myself, not NWS, I would say constructive criticism is something anyone should gladly accept, but crap about pay checks etc. is unwarranted.  Also, recognize that most federal employees are doing their best to serve the public, but we are human and can make mistakes.  I make at least one every day....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

That’s enough about LWX. Their forecast wasn’t 100% correct in a complicated situation. Shocker. They did pretty well CWA wide. Conversation over.

Just shows how clueless he is that he couldn't understand the complexities of the setup.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

All sleet right now in the heavier returns. I wish that this would keep up all night.

I'd like to see the 850 temps sag south by about 20 to 30 miles.  That's would make things better for a lot of folks.

21 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Thank you very much.  I read  APDs from Sterling whenever I'm curious about those insights.  The meteorologists at LWX have scientific integrity and work well as a team.  Everyone here should welcome the LWX team, you may learn from those folks.  If someone here has a scientific beef with LWX, voice your views in the refined tone of a college-educated adult. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kitchen sink along the M/D line in Northern Carroll . Snow/sleet/ frz/ locusts etc...

31/30 with a ne wind 

Total daily acc (3.6") actual depth a little lower . I missed about 2 1/2 hours of measuring so it could be slightly higher.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

I'd like to see the 850 temps sag south by about 20 to 30 miles.  That's would make things better for a lot of folks.

Any chance of that? I've given thought to the high in Canada as a possible source, but not sure of the odds.

6 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Kitchen sink along the M/D line in Northern Carroll . Snow/sleet/ frz/ locusts etc...

31/30 with a ne wind 

Total daily acc (3.6") actual depth a little lower . I missed about 2 1/2 hours of measuring so it could be slightly higher.  

Still all snow here. Measured 3" snow depth here at 4:30. Still getting that NE flow so hopefully we can get some better rates in here to get everything to sag south again.

12 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Still all snow here. Measured 3" snow depth here at 4:30. Still getting that NE flow so hopefully we can get some better rates in here to get everything to sag south again.

All snow now lol

NE wind here still 

Latest hrrr soundings look good through midnight roughly along extreme N . Md for snow. Cross fingers lol

• Like 1

Hello all. Thanks for all your fantastic weather insight. I enjoy reading what you all have to say.

However, in following the threads this winter, I felt compelled to create an account to make a hypothesis as a user is sending this thread off the rails similarly to another user earlier in the year (both, unfortunately, apparently are located near me)  I think snowlvr (buildthewall) is a reincarnation of a username based on the sandy thing next to the ocean.

That is all, thanks and look forward to reading your continued observations and forecasting.

• Like 2

A lone mangled snowflake or two attempting to mix in in Reisterstown.  Got two downy woodpeckers on the feeder when I came home this afternoon.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, frostbite_falls said:

How much do you have?  Around 4.5-5” here in Jarrettsville (didn’t stay on measuring today, so only a guesstimate—4.25 on trash can lid).

5.5, you prob have at least 5