Most Online
    NEILwxbo
    Newest Member
    NEILwxbo
Bob Chill

January 12-13th Cold Smoke Obs and Nowcast

10 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

East of Daly Elementary.

I bet the roads are terrible right now. I have 6" on hard surfaces but there is a ton of compaction on them. 9" on anything that is insulated.

Oh they were bad!  I saw a few cars slip, especially when starting from a stop.  The unplowed neighborhood streets are easy; it was that half inch of new snow on Rt. 355 that was super slick.  My 19-year-old son drives home from work at Wegmans at 6:00. :o Glad he took the Outback!

I didn't do the proper measuring and I know was compacting earlier.  I have 7" on the ground now with moderate snow, 28 degrees.

8 minutes ago, real said:

This post reminds me of 2010, when there was always debate on here about her forecasts.

In this day in age of access to actual real degreed Mets (unlike Palka) and real time model information, I have no idea why any weather enthusiast would give 2 sh*ts about what the local tv station says.  

Congrats to the DC bunch from your SE forum friends.  Here's hoping the whole east coast can cash in on multiple big ones over the next month.

• Like 2

Went to gym just as it went from SN- to SN...came out a while later to a snowstorm.  Awesome.  Maybe we can get another 1" from now out of this thing before the band moves out/dries up.

The good thing is that the departing low has a more easterly trajectory  instead of our usual nor'easters. That'll make this event last longer than we're used to.

• Like 1

Just now, spf said:

Thought I heard 5.4 for DCA as of a few hours ago.

That was from around 1pm I believe. The zoo had 7.3 at 358 before the coastal. 

1 minute ago, spf said:

Thought I heard 5.4 for DCA as of a few hours ago.

I live right near DCA and if thats all the record then I dont know what to say. I am probably more near 8, maybe more now. 

I'm just going to pretend the NAM situation from a couple days ago is happening where we got like 15 inches from this part of the storm LOL.