Newest Member
    joxey
February is upon us - pattern change is in order

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Better EPS run today. I think next week is probably tough for SNE (outside maybe far interior SNE) but hopefully something better past day 10ish. 

We may have to squeeze this back half into a 3 week stretch and capitalize on any opportunities....before the birds start chirping. 

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Better EPS run today. I think next week is probably tough for SNE (outside maybe far interior SNE) but hopefully something better past day 10ish. 

10 days from now brings us to Feb 11....more conceivable for me, as that's just about mid month...if not then, shouldn't be long after.

2 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Another 10 days, and Tip will start to pop a woody when the first dusting of snow over the windshield succumbs to thinly veiled solar irradiance under a canopy of clouds.

February 8th ... a date y'all have grown to loathe.  You take it out on me by making fun ... I understand that. I do. In reality, you fear it for the implications of it. 

:)   j/k ... but, it is the end of the perennial solar minimum... I think it's February 8th... I always thought that date was interesting for it seems to cross over into an uptick in sun's warming diurnal effectiveness, then I came to find that it was indeed the end.  The beginning I believe is November 10.  You know, it's why I like my winters front loaded.  Take advantage of the dimmed sun...

Tuesdays System was supposed to suck..right up to go time.  And then it turned out pretty decent-especially for the SE Mass peeps.

Tonight’s was on total life support yesterday and Tuesday...now a good chunk of us may get a nice thump..some may get  4-6 inches out of this.

Mondays looks sucky now(just like Tuesdays and tonight’s looked), but who knows how that will really play out??? 

And  Wednesday...we’ll thats 6 days away so we all know the caveats with those????

So two weeks to a month from now...I’m not believing anything those weeklies show at this juncture.  Things are changing by the hour, and day...all you need to know right there.  Sit tight..modeling is struggling in a big way...can’t trust anything a few days out, let alone a week, and two to three weeks out...forget it!

3 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Gobblers knob folk are already sipping dbbl bourbons.

You want a prediction about the weather? You're asking the wrong Phil. I'm going to give you a prediction about this winter. It's going to be cold, it's going to be dark, and it's going to last you for the rest of your lives.

2 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

February 8th ... a date y'all have grown to loathe.  You take it out on me by making fun ... I understand that. I do. In reality, you fear it for the implications of it. 

:)   j/k ... but, it is the end of the perennial solar minimum... I think it's February 8th... I always thought that date was interesting for it seems to cross over into an uptick in sun's warming diurnal effectiveness, then I came to find that it was indeed the end.  The beginning I believe is November 10.  You know, it's why I like my winters front loaded.  Take advantage of the dimmed sun...

Its gets a day or two earlier each year, too..it was like 2/10 last season :lol:

Archived