Newest Member
    joxey
February is upon us - pattern change is in order

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

The wave seems to be deamplifying upon approach, so I'd bet against an inside runner. But the lack of cold should keep the band of significant snows rather thin, albeit relatively close.

Agree, Live and die on the edge, But that is where the volatility lives which keeps this interesting.

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Wednesday came in colder and east too. Both on GGEM and GFS.

As is that looked like another of these ice storms that falls .06" shy of warning accretion - heh. seems to be a recurring theme this winter - why the hell not.  

but as you say, 'trend' being the operative word

K...just had a chance to scan over the GEFS -based tele's, both agencies, ...  I don't know what others have seen of this so implicitly espoused asteroid impact of an EPS appeal, (...I don't get to see the over-valued product ) but just based upon that tenor of that, the GEFs part company as to how the mid month will unfold - by a wide margin.  

I still think parts of SNE can do ok on Sunday night/Monday....Wed is a long ways out...Euro is def the most amped and would be a bad solution, but we've seen that movie before around D5-6 only to have it come back down.

Best spot in each one would obviously be the interior.

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I still think parts of SNE can do ok on Sunday night/Monday....Wed is a long ways out...Euro is def the most amped and would be a bad solution, but we've seen that movie before around D5-6 only to have it come back down.

If it’s weaker like all other models depict .. does it mean snow to ice or just cold rain? Euro all alone on torch rains to Maine’s it seems 

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I think the Berks and N hills of ORH co at least could still score plowable Monday.

9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

If it’s weaker like all other models depict .. does it mean snow to ice or just cold rain? Euro all alone on torch rains to Maine’s it seems 

No, next Wednesday could def still be snowy...you get a solution closer to the GGEM or even the GFS wasn't very far from pulling off a mostly snow/frozen event for NW half of SNE. Euro is obviously a hideous scenario, but at D6, all options still on the table.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

No, next Wednesday could def still be snowy...you get a solution closer to the GGEM or even the GFS wasn't very far from pulling off a mostly snow/frozen event for NW half of SNE. Euro is obviously a hideous scenario, but at D6, all options still on the table.

What about Sunday/ Monday?

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What about Sunday/ Monday?

That one is def gonna be harder to get a moderate/heavy snowfall. I could see it ending up more diffuse though and we stay a bit colder and see a general light snow over the interior further away from BL issues. But it has some work to do...the best spots for that would prob be like NW MA/N ORH county....that area. But we've seen some of these things come in colder this season already....if we can trend that retreating high a bit more to hanging a node back southwest into ME/NNE, then we may see a better chance for snow. Would be nice if northern stream got put through the meat grinder a little bit.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

That one is def gonna be harder to get a moderate/heavy snowfall. I could see it ending up more diffuse though and we stay a bit colder and see a general light snow over the interior further away from BL issues. But it has some work to do...the best spots for that would prob be like NW MA/N ORH county....that area. But we've seen some of these things come in colder this season already....if we can trend that retreating high a bit more to hanging a node back southwest into ME/NNE, then we may see a better chance for snow. Would be nice if northern stream got put through the meat grinder a little bit.

Let’s just try and keep it in the 30’s if it rains and not torch away the pack 

Archived