joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February is upon us - pattern change is in order

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sunday/Monday is pretty cruddy ,though perhaps still workable in far interior....we'll see if it becomes more diffuse.

Wed def still could be good...again, best chance interior and prob a bit north, but plenty of time on that one. It would be nice to see Euro tone it down a bit like other guidance.

25 minutes ago, dryslot said:

And far western NNE, The cold seems to be lifting out to soon, Going to need to see if that is not the case but we are running out of time from the foothills east, Weds looks better, But this Sun-Mon looked better at this lead too.

Since the wicked cold spell, that's the pattern - promises become pounding RA.

The past month has been horrendous here.

Right after the 13" storm on the 4th, I posted that 2003 had had the same exact total on the same date, with the rest of the month being almost snowless.  History repeats, only instead of '03 drought we got deluges.  (OTOH, 02-03's 2nd biggest snowfall was just 7", in Novie, and we beat that with the 8" this past Christmas.) 

Just now, tamarack said:

Right after the 13" storm on the 4th, I posted that 2003 had had the same exact total on the same date, with the rest of the month being almost snowless.  History repeats, only instead of '03 drought we got deluges.  (OTOH, 02-03's 2nd biggest snowfall was just 7", in Novie, and we beat that with the 8" this past Christmas.) 

Its been a nickel and dime the last few weeks with more nickels minus 3 cents.

25 minutes ago, tamarack said:

I had 33 inches in Feb 03 with minus 5  a repeat would be awesome 

Archived