Newest Member
    joxey
February is upon us - pattern change is in order

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, 512high said:

Glad your feeling better Scott, "should be us Wednesday " comment makes me work harder on the noose, this just *uck*

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Crazy thing this winter is how poor the models have been...anything past 48 hours is fair game for decent changes.  Hard to count out any solution.

Plenty of winter left. Just not a good week outside of NNE. At least the way it looks now. Hopefully ski areas can cash in since I know they’re hurting a bit for new snow.

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Most of CTRV in CT has nothing OTG. My office in Farmington is bare . HFD has nothing . That’s why I was hoping Ginx or someone posted Modis today. Would have been a great shot 

Enfield has a very light solid cover of about 0.2- 0.5 east of 91, maybe a bit more on the east side of town but just South of BDL seems to be a very light coating to just bare. As usual ,you are pulling away from the pack  around here as you are a solid 10-11 inches ahead of me for the season as I am still at 26.  

4 hours ago, CTValleySnowMan said:

Enfield has a very light solid cover of about 0.2- 0.5 east of 91, maybe a bit more on the east side of town but just South of BDL seems to be a very light coating to just bare. As usual ,you are pulling away from the pack  around here as you are a solid 10-11 inches ahead of me for the season as I am still at 26.  

At 33.5” here...been pretty decent here so far overall.  Although I got only a coating last night...but it was enough to cause a 2 hr delay for schools opening, so that was nice.  

With literally 44 days of astronomical winter already gone by, I think it should be pretty easy to reach average here..if not go above with 46 more days to go.  Literally half way through astronomical winter come Super Bowl Sunday.  

47 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

Euro was definitely much colder Wednesday. Some front end snow down into interior SNE 

The benefit for areas to the south is that when have the models ever held a 120 hour forecast this winter?  I think we're heading towards a run that buries I-95 corridor to suck everyone back in...gonna be some head-fakes too if the last 4 weeks of model watching has any say in it haha.

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Definitely colder Wednesday. Even starts here as a little snow. Tomorrow has trended to a period of heavier rain so would be nice to have a taste of winter Wednesday. Certainly interior has a better shot. 

What a disappointment re: tomorrow/night.  Close, but no cigar.  I guess we'll start fresh on  Tuesday night.  

The winter the meh rolls on.

31 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

If you look through the Euro ENS, there are quite a few that are just straight SWFE for SNE... I think this can turn wintry for a lot of folks.

I was looking at that. The EPS continues colder days 11-15. That warm head fake is looking like it might be wrong..as are the torched weeklies.

Archived