EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
September Obs/Disco Thread

H2O

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFS/EURO OP runs and ensembles continue to show above/much above normal temps through the next 10 days. GFS wants to bring in a significant change to cooler air at the end of the run(300+hr). The trajectory of the cooler air is directed at the central plains initially, then it bleeds east. With the resiliency of the SE ridge, it will be debatable if the pattern changes as quickly as indicated on the GFS.

12 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

90% of us here would lock in blowtorch summers if it meant AN snowfall in the winter. 

Well, if it comes in the form of a 1 storm-only winter, then no thanks.  I'd give back everyone of those 28 inches from last winter's only storm for another '14 summer (instead of this one).

19 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

You are on the internet.

72.5 - nice.

Doesn't excuse the whiners and bellyachers...unless they're grade schoolers. It just gets old.

Haven't been outside other than for the walk up 6th Street this morning. It was a little stuffier than I expected then.

2 hours ago, dailylurker said:

As long as it's not humid I don't care about above normal this time of year. Let's just be glad it's not January with this pattern. Nice out there today.

Yeah... If this was happening in the heart of January you'd see some major cliff diving. I'm okay with the heat as long as the humidity isn't much of a factor. 

PS: I think CHO is still going to hit 80°, which is still above average for this time of year. :P It does beat the 96° we had yesterday, though. :lol:

Took tops out of the Aerocoupe and went for a spin up 220 to Franklin WV then over to Harrisonburg on Rt 33 then back home on Rt 42. Higher up the trees are 10-20% in some color, another 10% brown (mostly Locust) and rest still green. Plenty of leaves on ground already just like at home. Low it is maybe 5% in color with the Locust still brown. The dryness looks like it is going to mess with the fall colors bad this year.

11 hours ago, mattie g said:

Doesn't excuse the whiners and bellyachers...unless they're grade schoolers. It just gets old.

Haven't been outside other than for the walk up 6th Street this morning. It was a little stuffier than I expected then.

I've honestly thought that the complainers have been turning it down a notch or three the last couple of weeks. 

And today was perfect. Including the big slug of Donegal Irish whiskey on my late night walk. I would complain about the clouds covering the full'ish moon but I don't want to be accused of joining the dark side.

Socked in nicely. Cool breeze/No sun. Need rain here, BUT, I was up around the area around Dulles from Sterling down to Chantilly areas. That area is PARCHED. Burnt grass and leaves brown on trees and falling. A few square mile area on RT 28 Just south of Waxpool down toward the toll road looks really bad. I'm lucky as I am not in that bad of shape at the house. That area missed the last shower and storms we had 10 days or so ago so it makes sense.

4 hours ago, dailylurker said:

Beautiful morning. Looks like we might get some much needed rain this weekend. I hope it happens because my yard is like concrete. 

59 with morning clouds

Concrete is right.  Throw in a mole I haven't been able to catch yet, and, my usually resilient back yard (front yard is always a lost cause) looks terrible.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived