Newest Member
    Toothache
September Obs/Disco Thread

H2O

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I'm on the other side of it. Lots of thunder over the city and already 1" amounts along 83 in about ten minutes.

i wish it was here instead.

Same here, but luckily that storm brought us some relief from the oppressive heat. High was 93 with a heat index in the mid-upper 90s... now it's 81.

I hope today was the last 90+ day of the year.

6 minutes ago, Fozz said:

Same here, but luckily that storm brought us some relief from the oppressive heat. High was 93 with a heat index in the mid-upper 90s... now it's 81.

I hope today was the last 90+ day of the year.

Nice downpour here now. Hope to squeeze out a tenth or so. I hope it was last 90+ day this century.

14 minutes ago, Fozz said:

The storm is sitting literally 2 miles south of me, and I'm checking Radarscope and hoping it keeps drifting north.

Ended up getting .28".  I don't want to come across as greedy, but if I could somehow get another good shower here this evening or tonight, I would be well-above average for the month.

Hope that you and Mappy can pick up a little from this storm too.

25 minutes ago, H2O said:

Heat and dry fronts are the worst weather ever possible in the history of weather stuff and things

why is all the main forcing always so north?  Boggles the mind that such a drastic weather change has zero precip

If I didn't know any better I'd be excited about the look of the front out in Ohio right now. Too bad every model dries it up. I blame NPZ.

2 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Ended up getting .28".  I don't want to come across as greedy, but if I could somehow get another good shower here this evening or tonight, I would be well-above average for the month.

Hope that you and Mappy can pick up a little from this storm too.

Picked up a light shower that lasted 5 minutes. Oh well... at least the clouds looked cool.

53 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Those 70s in the forecast this coming week largely disappeared but for one day

EPS and GEFS ensembles continue to show a slight ridging pattern that brings above normal temperatures overall. Towards the end of the runs a more zonal look appears. Generally, no big heat( outside of Wednesday) but no signs of refreshing autumn air either. 

1 hour ago, Round Hill WX said:

EPS and GEFS ensembles continue to show a slight ridging pattern that brings above normal temperatures overall. Towards the end of the runs a more zonal look appears. Generally, no big heat( outside of Wednesday) but no signs of refreshing autumn air either. 

Seems that warm Septembers and Octobers are becoming the new normal.

12 hours ago, Fozz said:

I'm starting to wonder whether this month will become a bottom 10 September in terms of rainfall for those of us who've been missed.

It's been awfully dry and the forecast calls for sunny or partly cloudy for days on end.

That looks like a lock.  I'll make it to at least Sep. 17 with a total of .04".  At that point, I'll have had .67" in the previous 6 weeks.  I think that is unprecedented for the Aug-Sep period, even in my yard.

9/7:    0.04"

Month:  0.04"

Season: 0.04"

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived