Newest Member
    EWR757
September Obs/Disco Thread

H2O

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Respectfully, disagree.  If anything, the lower-angle sun makes it feel hotter right now since it is shining on a larger surface area of your body, including your core, rather than just the top of your head, shoulders, upper back, and the back of your neck.  Splitting hairs here; however, because 95F is just plain hot, regardless of the time of year.

You can make ip your own stuff but it's wrong. The higher and more direct sun angle has a greater warmth effect than lower/lesser sun angle , this is elementary .

4 minutes ago, Tenman Johnson said:

Was referencing being in the sun as was referring to the sun so let me spell it out for you-in the sun 95 right now does not feel the same as 95 in June To mid August. Get it now?

June to August likely feel warmer because of greater humidity. You must consider all the factors, not just sun angle. 

1 hour ago, North Balti Zen said:

Pumped about maybe getting to 105. Hope we can get to 110. This is as good as it gets. Hot and dry for as long as possible.

1 hour ago, mappy said:

yes! who the f needs water? i want to keep my pool open all year long. f the cold and winter.

BRING ON FOREVER SUMMER

1 hour ago, North Balti Zen said:

Absolutely not. I am going to stay here and will conditions not usually associated to this area to come this way and whine as much as possible if they don't and celebrate wildly if normal seasons are ruined.

:lol: Hell yeah.  Bring on the heat and keep it dry.  Loving it.  Hope it lasts until November.

3 hours ago, Tenman Johnson said:

You can make ip your own stuff but it's wrong. The higher and more direct sun angle has a greater warmth effect than lower/lesser sun angle , this is elementary .

You want to check?  Go outside on a June day and stand in the sun for 15 minutes, then lay prone so the sun shines on your entire front....or back.  Then tell me which makes you feel hotter.  The amount of heat you 'feel' will be related to the amount of surface area of your skin that is warmed.

This heat and dry can keep on coming, I guess; it gives me a chance to rest up before spring cut-off low tracking season begins in April and continues into early June.  I've got a new rain gauge on order and beers will be in the fridge ready to be popped open in celebration.  Oh, and I'll go to Costco to get a case of Kleenex and pass them out for (some of) the folks here.

1 hour ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

This heat and dry can keep on coming, I guess; it gives me a chance to rest up before spring cut-off low tracking season begins in April and continues into early June.  I've got a new rain gauge on order and beers will be in the fridge ready to be popped open in celebration.  Oh, and I'll go to Costco to get a case of Kleenex and pass them out for (some of) the folks here.

I hear Costco has good prices on sunscreen.  Better stock up on that.  

15 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

It was off for Sunday and Monday.  Thought we could make it through today also, but of course we over performed on temps today like we always do.  

More power to ya. We just turn on either the heat or AC in order to keep us between 64-72...which means something's probably running on any given day of the year! :lol: 

Looking forward to the cliff jumping today.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived