Newest Member
    CHSVol
September Obs/Disco Thread

H2O

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

I am just hoping the climo slowly starts to make it harder to get hot and humid weather. But I know as well as anyone that we can torch well into September in this area...

LW pattern through mid month looks on the warm side so far. But humidity will probably lessen it's grip as well as easy 90's. Shorter days make it much easier for the burbs to have lows in the 60's at least even with a warm pattern. Honestly, I'd prefer general ridging in the east this month. Need more chances at tropical. lol

7 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

LW pattern through mid month looks on the warm side so far. But humidity will probably lessen it's grip as well as easy 90's. Shorter days make it much easier for the burbs to have lows in the 60's at least even with a warm pattern. Honestly, I'd prefer general ridging in the east this month. Need more chances at tropical. lol

I have no problem with a warm September and October, to be honest. As long as it's not boiling and/or overly humid, I'm quite content.

Early-month September heat is frustrating because it can be damn hot, but as we get a couple weeks into the month, those warmer spells are much easier to handle, especially since evenings will cool down more. Warm Octobers are fantastic, though I like feeling a little chill late in the month.

9 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

If we get tropical then anything is fine by me. But if it's just going to be dry and boring give me 70 and dews in the 40s ;)

While I'd love to see heavy rainfall and gusts in the 40s - yesterday's runs were a lot of fun to watch - I'd be perfectly happy with about 1" of rain right now. We haven't had rain of any significance in about ten days IMBY (and it was maybe two weeks from there to the previous decent rainfall), and we could use some decent rains at this point.

Got 0.55 yesterday.  Just missed 1-2" strip to my north in the early morning, then the 1" plus just to my west last night.  But the half inch will do - at least I didn't get NPZ-ed.

I am loving the cool temps this morning!  Feeling bad for my sister who had booked OC for the weekend. I think they're gonna cancel and lose some money.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived