Newest Member
    joxey
September Obs/Disco Thread

H2O

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, mattie g said:

But he's kicking puppies and punching kittens while he says it. I'm just drinking a beer and having a chuckle at the ridiculousness of it all.

I'm like you.  I don't care if it rains or not. 

Actually, I want to put all precip into the bank until December.

1 hour ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I'm like you.  I don't care if it rains or not. 

Actually, I want to put all precip into the bank until December.

I have to admit that I get frustrated when it's really hot and it doesn't want to rain. Been there too many times this summer, so it's been wearing on me, but in general I don't care terribly much.

What's annoying this year is that there are more mosquitoes around than I can ever remember, despite the fact that it's been fairly dry on the whole.

8 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

One of the best sunsets I've ever seen tonight.  Simply spectacular. 

Agreed! My wife and I took a bike ride on the C&O as the sun was beginning to set. It was spectacular as we drove home; so many nuances of pink and blue with intense golds hugging the horizon. And then a finale of fiery oranges and reds. Awesome evening for sure.

2 hours ago, Stormpc said:

Feels Nice. But its going to be dry for a very long time. Throw in HEAT and humidity and we will see tumble weeds rolling down the beltway and 95. Ground is cement hard. Its disappointing we get nothing from this "storm"

I came home yesterday evening and found most of my plants on death's door.  Leaves brown, drooping or curled up.  Spent the evening watering everything.  Trees and shrubs that are 7 years established, and there would've been no chance of anything being alive even 3 or 4 days from now, much less after another solid week of 90F coming up.  

Went for a walk this morning and you'd think it was mid-November with all the brown leaves skipping around on the ground in the wind.  Dead leaves dropping everywhere.  It's going to get very, very bad next week.

2 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

I came home yesterday evening and found most of my plants on death's door.  Leaves brown, drooping or curled up.  Spent the evening watering everything.  Trees and shrubs that are 7 years established, and there would've been no chance of anything being alive even 3 or 4 days from now, much less after another solid week of 90F coming up.  

Went for a walk this morning and you'd think it was mid-November with all the brown leaves skipping around on the ground in the wind.  Dead leaves dropping everywhere.  It's going to get very, very bad next week.

LOL.  Those trees and shrubs will be just fine.  It's fall, it's dry.  Dropping leaves is a way for them to protect themselves.  As long as the roots are ok, they're ok.

12 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Wind really picked up and gusting here the past hour, even though the sun has come out.

Could've been from the sun poking with a better chance of mixing. Winds over you are pretty breezy. Hoping some rain gets over your area with this sucker. Eastern shore could use a drink I'm betting. 

25 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Could've been from the sun poking with a better chance of mixing. Winds over you are pretty breezy. Hoping some rain gets over your area with this sucker. Eastern shore could use a drink I'm betting. 

Yes, good point.. that may be part of it. And its spotty around here as far as dryness, but my area in particular has been missing everything of late. Really dry. I am hoping for some decent rain for sure.

10 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

Pretty wet here still. Grass is green and the trees are happy. I was lucky to pick up over 1.5" from a storm the other night. Lot more wind over on the Eastern Shore. It got down right windy once I got out near Cambridge. 

Yup. Really gusty here. And that only exacerbates the recent dryness. No rain of significance here in over 2 weeks.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived