Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Obs/Disco Thread

H2O

5 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

LOL.  Those trees and shrubs will be just fine.  It's fall, it's dry.  Dropping leaves is a way for them to protect themselves.  As long as the roots are ok, they're ok.

Maybe, but there is a chance I will be selling my house very soon, so I can't have sickly (or dead) landscaping.  it's bad enough the grass is completely gone, but i simply can't justify the water bill it would require to keep that alive through this drought.

5 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

It's frickin' gorgeous. I have no idea what npz is getting at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It wasn't bad, but high here of 81 is exactly average, and a low of 61 is actually above average.  Not nearly as 'cool' as previously forecast.  Weeks of +10F temps interrupted by only a couple days at, or slightly above, average doesn't cut it for me.  Sorry.  I'm sure you were cooler there with the clouds; no such luck here.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Gefs beginning to be consistent that we break out of the easy heat pattern down the line and have a chance at some early fall weather. Gotta get through another week first. This week may very well push EC NPZ off the deep end. 

It's looking very bad.  Mid 90s in September is almost impossible...yet here we go.  You should probably put me on ignore for this coming week.

How far down the line?  Accuwx shows even the week after this coming one being +5 and higher.  Not even any "average" temps until early Oct.

15 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

It's looking very bad.  Mid 90s in September is almost impossible...yet here we go.  You should probably put me on ignore for this coming week.

How far down the line?  Accuwx shows even the week after this coming one being +5 and higher.  Not even any "average" temps until early Oct.

Mid and even upper 90's is pretty common through the first half of Sept. Second half not so much. 

Gefs has been showing the first front to push south sometime between d8-10. The interesting thing is that it looks like a succession of fronts digging deeper and d15 has BN heights into the deep south. 

This is a 5 day mean. For d12-16. Nice -epo and downstream trough in the east half of the conus:

gfs-ens_z500aMean_namer_12.png

Here is d15:

gfs-ens_z500a_namer_61.png

It's not just the 6z gefs showing it. It's been at least 4 runs in a row. Probably more. 

1 hour ago, Bob Chill said:

Mid and even upper 90's is pretty common through the first half of Sept. Second half not so much. 

Gefs has been showing the first front to push south sometime between d8-10. The interesting thing is that it looks like a succession of fronts digging deeper and d15 has BN heights into the deep south. 

This is a 5 day mean. For d12-16. Nice -epo and downstream trough in the east half of the conus:

gfs-ens_z500aMean_namer_12.png

Here is d15:

gfs-ens_z500a_namer_61.png

It's not just the 6z gefs showing it. It's been at least 4 runs in a row. Probably more. 

Thank goodness.

Thanks for the maps.

40 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Second front next week starting to look pretty stout on both the gefs and eps. Still way out there to say anything definitive but my gut says a true early fall airmass is inbound. But we will suffer this week no matter which way you slice it 

If you fail a second time, your name is Bob Shill.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived