Toothache
September Obs/Disco Thread

H2O

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, cmasty1978 said:

open your fridge and it'll all even out, brah

I did something like it. I built an ice rink about 10 feet to west of thermometer and when winds became west the temp dropped from 92 to 72 in minutes but by golly that IS the right temperature for the location and be damned  any external aberrations  

Yesterday, I went to Patapsco Valley State Park for the first time post the Ellicott City flood event. Amazing to see the debris piles still littered along the banks of the Patapsco. Large debris littered with trash, clothing, and trees. It is amazing the force of the water and how high the water got in spots. A lot of piles of silt/sand that are high on the banks far from the river.

Thankfully this flooding event happened later in the day. Can't imagine if this would have happened earlier in the day, with all the hikers, fishermen, and visitors in the area.

p807334965-3.jpg

p941708670-3.jpg

p1048154173-3.jpg

Even after discussing the flood, I was suprised how low the water was in alot of spots of the river that is normally higher. Could definitely use some rainfall. 

p746602719-3.jpg

12 minutes ago, GramaxRefugee said:

Wouldn't a (possible) shower before midnight likely get temp below 78?

If it happens.

Yeah, it would.  That's why they never put out a record event report for this kind of morning low.  I'm just assuming it'll stay parched, though.

Records today:

DCA: 98

BWI: 94

IAD: 95

17 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

Sept 8th high temps in my yard from 2011-2014:  72-80 degrees

Sept 8th high temps in my yard for 2015 and 2016:  96 degrees

I don't like the trend

I have lived in my current home since 2000. This is the latest I have kept my pool open- we went swimming yesterday with the water temp around 80F. Usually the swimming season ends the last week of August here (water too cold) and sometimes earlier.

On September 7, 2016 at 0:24 PM, EastCoast NPZ said:

Blistering summers like this is the reason why those people were cheering the (slightly) below normal temps and cloudy conditions in May.

Yeah exactly... temps are much further away from normal so far this month (not to mention last month) than they were in April and May.

I'm over this weather.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived