Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
September Obs/Disco Thread

H2O

31 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

If second front next week doesn't stall, wash out, or meet resistance, you should get a taste of those temps before the 21st. The next 4 days are *probably* the last of the really bad stuff. We'll get warm days of course but 5 day strings in the 90's should start getting pretty hard to come by. Famous last words of course. lol.  

looks like we go zonal a bit next week then deal with NW flow as mid south ridge builds/eases at times.  Would love for that thing to go away as it has been persistent and caused this dry run

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

If second front next week doesn't stall, wash out, or meet resistance, you should get a taste of those temps before the 21st. The next 4 days are *probably* the last of the really bad stuff. We'll get warm days of course but 5 day strings in the 90's should start getting pretty hard to come by. Famous last words of course. lol.  

What day does that 2nd front look to push through?

2 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

What day does that 2nd front look to push through?

Looks like sometime between Thurs-Sat. 

2 hours ago, H2O said:

looks like we go zonal a bit next week then deal with NW flow as mid south ridge builds/eases at times.  Would love for that thing to go away as it has been persistent and caused this dry run

I'm rooting for progressive flow with fronts clearing every 3-5 days. GEFS precip plots aren't terrible but not very encouraging for any organized chances. It's all pretty muddy right now. Hopefully things will break in our favor with pleasant temps and some good precip days as we move through mid month and beyond.  

6 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

I just figure this is extended payback for the all the cheering that certain folks did over excessively cool if not cold temps in April/May.

I had forgotten about that.  Hell yeah. I hope they are suffering big time.  We wasted the best month of the year on clouds and rain and they cheered.

Come on hot and dry.

19 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Couple pretty good gusts out of that one. Weird wind direction for a tstorm. Bunch of close strikes too. 

I was out walking about a mile from home when that second cell grazed my area. The wind was definitely not coming from the typical direction more N and even NE as best as I could tell from the woods. Hearing lightning strikes not too far away helped me get up the last hill in a hurry lol.

1 hour ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Whopping 0.04".  Nothing better than watching storms split right around you and then re-join as soon as they move south, all the while you're outside running you sprinkler trying to keep your grass alive.  Wonderful.  Just wonderful.

Come on over to the dark side.  Just do like I do and say **** the grass.

I need a few weeks off from mowing 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived