Newest Member
    joxey
September Obs/Disco Thread

H2O

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Am I missing the big cool down that a few of you have been talking about? I still see 70s for highs and 60s for lows through most of the 15 day...and not a lot of rain, at all.

There's been 40s lows showing up on the GFS that I've seen. And 70s (if there are low dewpoints) are a good improvement from the 80s we've been having. 

22 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

There's been 40s lows showing up on the GFS that I've seen. And 70s (if there are low dewpoints) are a good improvement from the 80s we've been having. 

Exactly. A cool down doesn't have to mean it's going to be well below normal. It just means it's going to be cooler than it has been.

I'll take dry and 70s for highs any day.

15 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

To be clear, wasn't complaining about 70s for highs and 60s for lows, was just noting that is still warmer than normal for this time of year and that I wasn't seeing the cool shot that had been talked about - and MN notes that GFS has backed off a bit.

Yeah it definitely backed off. I just can't wait until mid 60s dewpoints are super difficult to reach - it might not be oppressive but it's uncomfortable for Sept 21!

17 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Hopefully we can score some rain with the frontal passage on Tuesday, because it looks really dry (barring surprise tropical) otherwise.

Thankfully, this does look like the end of the significant heat.  Every day we burn in a cooler pattern gets us to the end of the 90° season.

Fully agreed.

After today, things look really nice. You couldn't draw up a much better forecast (unless you're one of those miserable sods who like clouds and 47).

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived