Newest Member
    EWR757
September Obs/Disco Thread

H2O

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BlizzardNole said:

Annnnnnd whiff.  Getting to rain around here is like trying to get FSU's defense to stop someone.

:lol::axe::(

CHO got 0.58" with many reporting stations around here getting between 0.5-0.75". Hardly a drought buster around here. The Valley had double what we had on the eastern side of the Blue Ridge. 

10 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I didn't look closely at my gauge but I'm somewhere around .35".  I was hoping to do better.

my drive to work was terrible, i mean just poured from Middletown Road all the way to Shawan, and then it let up and was barely spitting. So I can see how you, fozz and others south may have missed out. 

1 hour ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

That stinks.  Sorry, man.

How much to you end up with? I would gladly give away an inch or 2 if I could to those who missed out. I know the feeling.

It has been very frustrating here over the last month, missing everything. More than made up for it today.. almost too excessive. Too late to save much of my grass though.

2 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

4.65" so far today. 

Looks like its pretty much over for now. Maybe another 1/2" tonight into tomorrow. 

Rain shield destroyed finally. "Drought" busted. Not sure we were officially in one, but a month with less than a tenth of an inch is a drought to me.

It's amazing how much I can overlay this year with last year IMBY:

President's Day SoMD snowstorm special

March 3-5 timeframe snowstorm

Double digit deluge in May or June

Drought in August and September

Drought busted by one huge event in late September (today vs 9/29/15)

Tropical bust (Joaquin, Hermine)

2 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

How much to you end up with? I would gladly give away an inch or 2 if I could to those who missed out. I know the feeling.

It has been very frustrating here over the last month, missing everything. More than made up for it today.. almost too excessive. Too late to save much of my grass though.

Not great, but at least I wasn't whiffed.  It'll help green some things up temporarily.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived