Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 8th-9th Obs/Discussion Thread

mappy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mid 40s in most locations already.

I remember a several inch snow in early February, 1997 when it was quite warm the day before.  It was a Friday and forecasts of accumulating snow sounded far-fetched with temps in the upper 50s to near 60, sun and no wind.  I was out and about with no jacket.  We did end up getting about 6" of wet snow the next day.  I don't know what kind of set-up it was.

Anyone remember that one?

4-8" is still a little high IMO

I told Matt last night I liked a general 3-6" in our warned zone with possible up to 10" if someone gets really lucky with some kind of crazy band(s). For Baltimore city 1-4" with the higher totals toward areas like Randallstown. For DC proper, 1-2" with a gradient toward the NW into MoCo.

I see the Jack running around Parrs ridge region up to Mappy over to places near Norrisville in Harford over to NEMD Pummeled.

Mid 40s in most locations already.

I remember a several inch snow in early February, 1997 when it was quite warm the day before.  It was a Friday and forecasts of accumulating snow sounded far-fetched with temps in the upper 50s to near 60, sun and no wind.  I was out and about with no jacket.  We did end up getting about 6" of wet snow the next day.  I don't know what kind of set-up it was.

Anyone remember that one?

Are you talking about the March cold front? Because the early February storm wasn't that warm right before. Highs were in the 40's for the two days before the storm. http://www.raymondcmartinjr.com/weather/1997/08-Feb-97.html

Archived