EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Feb 8th-9th Obs/Discussion Thread

mappy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The RGEM is also. I think you will be one of the few in this sub forum to do well. I think i will be lucky to see 4" out of this.

I agree with most here that we will struggle with temps. But I am feeling good. Called for another 6-10" at noon day 2 of the blizzard and a superband developed and sat over us for the whole afternoon.

Meh. If the Euro was giving me near 1", then I'd be a little less hesitate. 

4-6" is my realistic expectations. And that's if the qpf is there, otherwise, ha, I'll be lucky with 2"

0z euro bumped precip totals by 50% vs yesterday's 12z run. It's an incremental model compared to the others. We'll see where it goes in a couple hours. My guess is it holds or tones things back but this is a really tough one no matter which way you slice it. 

GFS BWI

Tue 00Z 2/9      3.0    -4.5    1006      86      99    0.03     534       
Tue 06Z 2/9      1.2    -4.1    1002      96      99    0.22     530     
Tue 12Z 2/9      0.5    -3.8     999      96      99    0.26     527     
Tue 18Z 2/9     -0.3    -5.3    1000      96      99    0.16     525         
Wed 00Z 2/10    -1.8    -6.3    1002      94      95    0.09     523        
Wed 06Z 2/10    -0.5    -7.7    1003      92      97    0.04     522
Pretty good thermals and clearly the low is deepening pretty well at 999

Meh. If the Euro was giving me near 1", then I'd be a little less hesitate. 

4-6" is my realistic expectations. And that's if the qpf is there, otherwise, ha, I'll be lucky with 2"

I think 4-6 is pretty reasonable. I don't have great feeling about this but I also don't feel terrible either. My best guess is this is 2 parts but I could be off. Maybe we pick up 1-2 overnight and then 2-4 with the second part. 

Wouldn't be shocked if it's a total bust because I'm not sold on the cold afternoon temps the GFS has. On the other hand this could work out well and if we do stay cold some of those 8 inch plus amounts are not impossible.

Whatever good vibes around here died long ago. This is a high risk high reward event for just about all of us.

Granted I haven't followed a lot, but I don't see a complete debacle in the city given the guidance. Northern folks do ok...that's how this usually works around here...

I don't think you were in town yet for the two events Matt always refers to....All sorts of caution about buying into marginal temp situations for downtown DC is wise. 

Archived