joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/21 Clipper Thread

84 Hour NAM

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and heeded the 0z euro which basically showed the same thing...

Beating a dead horse but we over analyze these small events. Honestly I'm not sure the forecast should have ever changed since Monday. Max somewhere between us and Mason Dixon given vort pass. Temps were sketch but it's January so you can probably lean positive and win often.

Snowing hard here now. Roads getting covered. Nice event that seemed to meet my expectations well.

Man, it is snowing well. May be able to squeeze out 2.5".

you guys are getting what we had south of the city

ended up between 2.5-3" here

I agree, very nice event

I always like over achievers because they sometimes signal chances on future events that are close

Beating a dead horse but we over analyze these small events. Honestly I'm not sure the forecast should have ever changed since Monday. Max somewhere between us and Mason Dixon given vort pass. Temps were sketch but it's January so you can probably lean positive and win often.

Just gathering empirical evidence from the past couple of seasons, we've been commenting a lot that using the HRRR and RAP on small events like this one-- especially when they contradict the model consensus-- is not a good idea. I was surprised to see the heavy reliance on the HRRR for the forecast change this morning. 

That was me and it's correct. CWG said they have to update their map.

Thanks sucks that i missed it, but at least i have 80 and sunny here in Miami Beach and nice strawberry daiquiris. And the view ain't all that bad either :).

Snow is fun, and I understand getting bummed at the thought of missing an event, but sunny, 80, frozen daiquiris, and some body art sound pretty good.  Enjoy the trip.

1.7" of snow here.

Archived