1/21 Clipper Thread

84 Hour NAM

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3pm obs

31*, radiant still 34.6*.

Mostly done with 2.5" total.

Roads and sidewalks about 50% covered now but maybe some icing after sunset.

About the same here, but tough to measure. 3-4" on grass and a spotty .5-1" on sidewalks and streets. I'll enter it in as 2.5". Liquid equivalent was .21", so we actually exceeded 10:1 ratios.

2.0 inches here in Crofton MD.

Not an overperformer nor underperformer -- for a change something to be expected. Roads were just wet coming home from work.  Marginal surface temps and above freezing road temps helped this time around, compared to the event earlier this month. 

Interesting drive on I-81. Winchester looks like a glorified dusting. Nothing in the median, or on the grass on either side of the road. As soon as you cross the WV line a few miles north, a noticeable increase in accumulation. Another increase after 8 more miles, with good coverage everywhere including the trees. Feel pretty fortunate to do as well as I did today at the top end of Berkeley Co.

Clarksburg: 3.6" very impressive.

Excellent, that'll be my ob. Pic from the wife pretty much confirms:

post-109-0-06478800-1421872937_thumb.jpg

Sitting at 31.7F so there is very little in the way of melting. Even tho the roads were heavily treated, they were easily overcome and are still snow covered. You can see them at the far end of the driveway here:

post-109-0-27295800-1421873123_thumb.jpg

Archived