• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
We have a Dream MLK Disco Jan 18 Possible Wave on front

Damage In Tolland

What she just described to me was similar to that Michigan video. They got hit, spun into the guardrail, got hit 3 more times, a tractor trailer was jackknifing coming right at them but stopped just short then all she could hear was crash after crash, 22 cars. They had to climb out the window but had no where to go, thankfully the tractor trailer was across the road so no other traffic could get through. Their friends in front of them stopped as they saw the whole thing, so eventually they walked to that car until they ambulance arrived. She seems fine other than shaking, her friend and daughter are being evaluated. Sorry for the ot but thanks everyone for the thoughts but you peeps below freezing,tell everyone you know to stay put. 44 degrees here, wow

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What she just described to me was similar to that Michigan video. They got hit, spun into the guardrail, got hit 3 more times, a tractor trailer was jackknifing coming right at them but stopped just short then all she could hear was crash after crash, 22 cars. They had to climb out the window but had no where to go, thankfully the tractor trailer was across the road so no other traffic could get through. Their friends in front of them stopped as they saw the whole thing, so eventually they walked to that car until they ambulance arrived. She seems fine other than shaking, her friend and daughter are being evaluated. Sorry for the ot but thanks everyone for the thoughts but you peeps below freezing,tell everyone you know to stay put. 44 degrees here, wow

Wow--what a nightmare.  Thankfully, it was not worse!

Had gone down to Greenfield a couple hours ago.  It looked like they had closed 91 north at Exit 26 based on the cars coming off and assuming there wasn't a mass migration underway to Mt. Snow.  Passed one spin out on the Trail in Shelburne.

ZR--not sure how bad it is now.

28.7/27

19.2F Freezing rain.  Roads are ice.  Surfaces so cold its not dripping off the trees just instance freezing.  Wonder how fast warm air is going to get to the surface.  Lots of skiers heading home early for the game.  Wonder how well salt will work on Rt 93 with moderate precip and very cold ground

19.2F Freezing rain.  Roads are ice.  Surfaces so cold its not dripping off the trees just instance freezing.  Wonder how fast warm air is going to get to the surface.  Lots of skiers heading home early for the game.  Wonder how well salt will work on Rt 93 with moderate precip and very cold ground

Fast. That's how... 

It may be stunning to conceive ... or not even tenable, but the temperature will rise with rapidity once the gradient squeezes just a little more.  

In Jan 1994, while attending college at UML, we were treated with an event proven even more extreme, but similar nonetheless.  The day dawned in the single digits in the Merrimack Valley area, and by 9pm that evening it was 55F with 45 to 50mph southerly wind gust.... Steam rollin' off snowbanks and whole works.   The 12 hours it took to overcome the chill featured, flurries, a period of light snow, a 2 hour period of freezing rain, and then voosh!   ..Oh, and not to forget, plenty of hand wringing while internal monologue chanted, "no way it gets that warm"

Fast. That's how... 

It may be stunning to conceive ... or not even tenable, but the temperature will rise with rapidity once the gradient squeezes just a little more.  

In Jan 1994, while attending college at UML, we were treated with an event proven even more extreme, but similar nonetheless.  The day dawned in the single digits in the Merrimack Valley area, and by 9pm that evening it was 55F with 45 to 50mph southerly wind gust.... Steam rollin' off snowbanks and whole works.   The 12 hours it took to overcome the chill featured, flurries, a period of light snow, a 2 hour period of freezing rain, and then voosh!   ..Oh, and not to forget, plain of hand wringing while internal monologue chanted, "no way it gets that warm"

His 93 is up by Plymouth, NH.

Watch those knee ligaments. lol

Ouch! I just got a sympathetic zip of pain in my knee cap when I read the word ligament.  

I did a George Jetson once in front of a gaggle of college chicks while waiting outside a night club back in the 1990s.  I must have failed some 4 or 5 pointless revolutions before mass azz kissed the sidewalk.  

Archived