joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
We have a Dream MLK Disco Jan 18 Possible Wave on front

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been a busy day, but at the same time relaxed. Our forecast was in good shape, I've just had to tweak how long the cold air has stayed locked in.

that's just it. Even when the models pick up on the signal for cold air damming it seems to last longer than expected in certain low lying and protected areas. 32.1

that's just it. Even when the models pick up on the signal for cold air damming it seems to last longer than expected in certain low lying and protected areas. 32.1

It's so variable across the area. PSM hasn't mixed out (still 30 and FZRA) while a few miles away in York it's 43. Of course this is the area where 95 runs through, so have to get that just right.

My yard looks like a swamp

Ditto here...and the heaviest of the rain has stayed just to our west. I've never seen the amount of water on my lawn with such little rain....normally it takes 2"+ in short order to turn it this swampy...but I guess the ground is just too frozen to absorb anything.

Thankful we just missed out of the fzra disaster here. Had a very thin glaze as of about 8 this morning...just enough to slicken the front steps and sidewalk. But temp jumped from 30 to 33 in about 30 minutes so I made the decision to head out and roads were fine.

Was rather comical though, was in a grocery store parking lot around 11 when a truck came through putting down a generous amount of salt...no ice...temp had rise to 42 at that point. What a waste.

Sent from my iPhone

Tougher call out there in Shel... 

The low is progged to be a diffused closed wave that passes E of you by a hair, so it's plausible that you mix out only into the mid 30s before falling back in backside later this evening/night... There are some deep gorgeous up there, and those could well stay 31 or 32 but very isolated... 

Thanks, John.  I guess we'll see.

Temp still struggling.  I'm going to make a trek to the woodshed, I guess I'll find out how icy it might still be. 

31.4/30

Man the videos of interstates in CT/MA/NH are incredible from this morning. NWS GYX shared one of NECN's vids, and like everyone is just off the road and stopped with clear ice on the road...like pond ice. A few from CT are even more ridiculous...absolutely no control of a motor vehicle in those situations.

That impact looked much bigger than even a 6" snowstorm.

Man the videos of interstates in CT/MA/NH are incredible from this morning. NWS GYX shared one of NECN's vids, and like everyone is just off the road and stopped with clear ice on the road...like pond ice. A few from CT are even more ridiculous...absolutely no control of a motor vehicle in those situations.

That impact looked much bigger than even a 6" snowstorm.

"Trace" of ice is probably accurate, but boy can it cause some impacts.

Snow levels are actually slowly tickling down across NH right now. Good sign for VT later on I think.

I'm noticing some large QPF differences tonight between the HRRR/RAP and the recent ECMWF. The meso-models seem to like 0.4-0.7" over the northern Spine and done by 12z...the EURO brought like 1.4-1.6" over the Spine by tomorrow at 18z.

That's a huge difference in impact.

Archived