• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
We have a Dream MLK Disco Jan 18 Possible Wave on front

Damage In Tolland

lol new HRRR has 0.3" total precip at MVL for the event through 9z.  All other models have around an inch during that time.  Its fascinating.

attachicon.gifhrrr_t_precip_neng_15.png

Most of the globals have the majority of QPF between 00z and 06z up there, so hope remains.

Given the orientation of the whole thing it will be more progressive across VT, but I think you'll have enough to salvage something for the ski slopes.

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most of the globals have the majority of QPF between 00z and 06z up there, so hope remains.

Given the orientation of the whole thing it will be more progressive across VT, but I think you'll have enough to salvage something for the ski slopes.

Interesting that BTV noted it as well, haha.  MPM is in their office too.

FOR THE SAKE OF CONTINUITY...USED A MULTI-MODEL BLEND FOR

QPF...AND MOST RECENT RAP THERMAL PROFILES TO LARGELY GOVERN THE

FORECAST THROUGH THE EVENING AND OVERNIGHT HOURS. THIS WOULD

SUGGEST HIGHEST TOTALS ACROSS THE HIGHER TERRAIN OF CENTRAL/NRN VT

(5-11 INCHES)...WITH LESSER AMOUNTS IN THE VT VALLEYS (2-6 INCHES)

AND ACROSS NRN NY (1-4 INCHES) WHICH WILL BE TOO FAR WEST TO

EXPERIENCE HEAVIER FGEN/QPF. I WILL NOTE THAT MOST RECENT TRENDS

IN THE NEAR- TERM HRRR/RAP GUIDANCE SUGGEST PRIMARY PCPN SHIELD IS

TENDING TO SHIFT A TAD FURTHER EAST THAN CURRENT FORECAST. IF THIS

PANS OUT...SNOWFALL AMOUNTS ACROSS WESTERN VT MAY BE A TAD LESS

THAN CURRENT FORECASTS. TIME WILL TELL HOWEVER...AND ALL

ADVISORIES AND WARNINGS WILL REMAIN IN PLACE WITH THIS PACKAGE.

It wouldn't shock me if the synoptic precip did shift east in this setup. Not really a good conveyor belt to throw back in these setups. Might be good though for areas in VT not really cold enough for snow except for backside stuff.

Yeah honestly wouldn't upset me if it went a bit east, I'm still not sold on the snow vs. rain deal, so less may be more in this situation.  Just would be a pretty solid short-term bust by the global models that just came out a few hours ago with 1-2" of precipitation if we were to end up with like 0.5".  But we'll see.  I have a hard time believing the EURO would fail that bad on its QPF forecast (1.5" through 18z tomorrow off the 12z run) in the 12-24 hour time range after leading the way on this system the past 3-4 days.

Yeah honestly wouldn't upset me if it went a bit east, I'm still not sold on the snow vs. rain deal, so less may be more in this situation. Just would be a pretty solid short-term bust by the global models that just came out a few hours ago with 1-2" of precipitation if we were to end up with like 0.5". But we'll see. I have a hard time believing the EURO would fail that bad on its QPF forecast (1.5" through 18z tomorrow off the 12z run) in the 12-24 hour time range after leading the way on this system the past 3-4 days.

Yeah I'm not saying to expect it, but we've seen it before. It's close.

Yeah I'm not saying to expect it, but we've seen it before. It's close.

Yup, often they can end up tracking slightly further east too...especially when they are forecast to track right over the Whites.  Maybe it ends up being closer to the coast.  I call it the Messenger east shift on the meso-scale nowcast models, lol.  Visions of years past writing about the RUC and having systems go another 15 miles east each hourly run.

Yeah honestly wouldn't upset me if it went a bit east, I'm still not sold on the snow vs. rain deal, so less may be more in this situation.  Just would be a pretty solid short-term bust by the global models that just came out a few hours ago with 1-2" of precipitation if we were to end up with like 0.5".  But we'll see.  I have a hard time believing the EURO would fail that bad on its QPF forecast (1.5" through 18z tomorrow off the 12z run) in the 12-24 hour time range after leading the way on this system the past 3-4 days.

I will say, you've probably lost about 0.25" QPF from the globals that was already supposed to have fallen. So keep that in mind.

smart move, wife released on the way home, sore but ok. Saw video on NJ 12, 38 car, holy crap

Great to hear, Steve.

Icy as hell in Avon. My truck sliding all over on the back rds getting to the school

Do you have the bed weighted?  Trucks suck in snow/ice without that.

Icy!! Reminds me of the last storm where we never really warmed

attachicon.gif20150123_161454.jpg

You must have slipped when taking that picture......

32.2/32

I'm surprised the summit isn't snow (or maybe it is?). Profile suggests all snow down through 4000 feet.

It went back and forth until I left at 130pm, was getting pretty slick up there. Seemed to change back to snow/sleet as I left lot around 145 and temp was falling slowly as I drove by Dana Place Inn 28F (Jackson), N. Conway was a skating rink at 31F. Still is now

looks like Wildcat Mesonet is 29.4.  Can't find the link to the auto-road profile page (Mt. Washington) I liked that link.

It went back and forth until I left at 130pm, was getting pretty slick up there. Seemed to change back to snow/sleet as I left lot around 145 and temp was falling slowly as I drove by Dana Place Inn 28F (Jackson), N. Conway was a skating rink at 31F. Still is now

looks like Wildcat Mesonet is 29.4.  Can't find the link to the auto-road profile page (Mt. Washington) I liked that link.

Yeah it appears they redesigned the page and I can't find a similar display to the old link either.

Archived