• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
We have a Dream MLK Disco Jan 18 Possible Wave on front

Damage In Tolland

Those of you that proverbially hide your head in a cold  sack, it's purely a llv thing... FIT hill (700+) have just surged into the 40s, as has 1,000' ORH.   It'll happen all at once for you ... you may be 32 or 33, and then boom, 10 min later it's relatively balmy.

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those of you that proverbially hide your head cold sack, it's purely a llv thing... FIT hill (700+) have just surged into the 40s, as has 1,000' ORH. It'll happen all at once for you ... you may be 32 or 33, and then boom, 10 min later it's relatively balmy.

I bet Dendrite and Wxeye rot away in the low 30s this evening. They may not mix out till the wind goes NW.

23.7F freezing rain with more and more sleet mixing in. Temps had been rising now steady or slowly falling. Just heard from friend that main roads are extremely everyone fish tailing around in Plymouth/Bristol NH area

The IP is impressive. That's a thin warm layer or a very cold low level allowing that to refreeze.

How is your temp, there?

Oh its like a spring day up here.  We've had CLR skies with full sunshine since like 9am. 

I just can't believe how sunny it got up here today...like deep blue skies and full sun and you could feel the temp shooting up.  Would've preferred deep clouds and precip to keep the morning low temps around.

I've currently got on the mountain...

4000ft...30F (wet bulb of 29F)

2600ft...27F (wet bulb of 26F)

1500ft...31F (wet bulb of 28F)

And MVL is 35/23F at 750ft.

Full sunshine all day.

MVL has reported clear skies since early this morning.

I don't know why, but we've been under this patch of sunshine up here all day so far it seems.  Just starting to cloud over now though.

I was wondering if that would make a difference tonight... I'd have rather just locked in thick clouds and not allowed the airmass to mix to some degree under sunshine.

Oh its like a spring day up here. We've had CLR skies with full sunshine since like 9am.

I just can't believe how sunny it got up here today...like deep blue skies and full sun and you could feel the temp shooting up. Would've preferred deep clouds and precip to keep the morning low temps around.

I've currently got on the mountain...

4000ft...30F (wet bulb of 29F)

2600ft...27F (wet bulb of 26F)

1500ft...31F (wet bulb of 28F)

And MVL is 35/23F at 750ft.

Funny thing is the EURO just came out and has a good handle on temps with 925mb being the coldest at -2C over MVL...which matches the mid-slope elevation being coldest. With H85 being -1C.

Funny thing is the EURO just came out and has a good handle on temps with 925mb being the coldest at -2C over MVL...which matches the mid-slope elevation being coldest. With H85 being -1C.

MWN Auto Road profiles has it below freezing again around 4,000 feet, matching PSU's vertically pointing radar well (showing 4,500 foot snow level).

I bet Dendrite and Wxeye rot away in the low 30s this evening. They may not mix out till the wind goes NW.

Yeah, I haven't even looked closely at their region as far as expected frontal placements/ eroding factors and shiz... I am speaking more for where cold lingers in interior SNE.

It'll be interesting to see if the warmth gets that far N...  Again, I have seen 40F temperature turn arounds in 9 hours from synoptic forcing, and too often now to think it can't happen.  But we'll see... 

Yeah, I haven't even looked closely at their region as far as expected frontal placements/ eroding factors and shiz... I am speaking more for where cold lingers in interior SNE.

It'll be interesting to see if the warmth gets that far N...  Again, I have seen 40F temperature turn arounds in 9 hours from synoptic forcing, and too often now to think it can't happen.  But we'll see... 

Tip--what's your take on getting the warmth out here?

38.7° F with heavy rain here. Big fat rain drops.

Based on the high resolution guidance, I'm liking the chances I flip to some snow before ending this evening with 1-3" here and maybe 3-5" at 2K in the northern Berks. The Woodford, Mt. Snow, Stratton area could actually do quite well with some 6"+ amounts above 2K.

Tip--what's your take on getting the warmth out here?

Tougher call out there in Shel... 

The low is progged to be a diffused closed wave that passes E of you by a hair, so it's plausible that you mix out only into the mid 30s before falling back in backside later this evening/night... There are some deep gorgeous up there, and those could well stay 31 or 32 but very isolated... 

38.7° F with heavy rain here. Big fat rain drops.

Based on the high resolution guidance, I'm liking the chances I flip to some snow before ending this evening with 1-3" here and maybe 3-5" at 2K in the northern Berks. The Woodford, Mt. Snow, Stratton area could actually do quite well with some 6"+ amounts above 2K.

Your western locale will give you a good shot for that--good luck.

31.2/30, rn+, guage frozen though so qpf unknown.

Archived