Newest Member
    joxey
We have a Dream MLK Disco Jan 18 Possible Wave on front

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Warm front progress... 

Granted these are not official, they get the point across. Over the last hour I have been occasionally monitoring, and we can clearly see over the last hour the advancing warm intrusion, as the 40+ isotherm and climbing has displaced the rough distance between the black and red annotations below.

post-904-0-14282700-1421601736_thumb.jpg

Never was a doubt about that. A fresh 12+ for him. It's his winter. Kind of his own private kingdom while the other 5 states just rot away till spring

Absolutely miserable.  Even though I have snow on the ground, that photo from Bob up there pretty much sums it up for most.

Steady light rain and 41F.  I expect to see what is left of my crappy, crusty-azz snow gone sometime today.

Never was a doubt about that. A fresh 12+ for him. It's his winter. Kind of his own private kingdom while the other 5 states just rot away till spring

You're forecasting with emotion again ;)

VT was due to do well relative to the rest of New England at some point. What's your snow surplus over the past 4-5 winters? We've been in deficit.

But climo wise, it's not pretty without a negative NAO, but we can survive it better than areas to the SE. We aren't above normal, we are right where normal is. Everyone else is so far below normal though.

You're forecasting with emotion again ;)

VT was due to do well relative to the rest of New England at some point. What's your snow surplus over the past 4-5 winters? We've been in deficit.

But climo wise, it's not pretty without a negative NAO, but we can survive it better than areas to the SE. We aren't above normal, we are right where normal is. Everyone else is so far below normal though.

The difference is though that in a bad winter you can still snow and at least count on some upslope. Most of the rest of the region needs synoptic snow and if we lose that like this year.. There's just no way to make up those deficits with a 1-3 inch event every other week

The difference is though that in a bad winter you can still snow and at least count on some upslope. Most of the rest of the region needs synoptic snow and if we lose that like this year.. There's just no way to make up those deficits with a 1-3 inch event every other week

Called climo my friend. Accept it.

Hopefully the VT resorts can get mostly snow. No need to muck up the skiing there.

Is the timing of this ahead of schedule? I can't read models etc so looking for some help in regards to the Pats game. Everything I have read and seen on TV targeted the second 1/2 of the game for the heaviest rain and only drizzle/showers until then. Radar looks very impressive right now and although still too the West of Foxboro...not by much. Just curious if anyone has any thoughts on the timeline and if it has changed?

Yeah it's just bad luck. We had really bad luck during the Leon train last year. It was cutter then -20F (and SNE snowstorm), then cutter, then -20F (and SNE snowstorm).

You still have two months left. Late January is when the frustration really hits. You guys had to block Eyewall and myself last year in the last week of January when Philly had it's 5th warning event while we couldn't even get an Advisory snowfall to come along. Re-read 2013 January thread, everyone lost it that last week, then a huge blizzard hit.

Later January is when folks seem to lose it, even though you know there are weeks and weeks left of potential. That's when I really went off the deep end last year. But Feb 14-March 30 was a sweet 6-week period even after I melted down.

Hopefully the VT resorts can get mostly snow. No need to muck up the skiing there.

Its not too much to at least except some snow in a cold pattern. Especially when forecasts all called for a big winter. There isn't 1 person that posts here that went into this winter thinking we'd threaten records for least snow amounts

I'm still not sold on total amounts. Folks on here handing out 12"+ congrats...but I'm leaning like 3-4" at home, maybe up to 12" if it breaks right at high elevation. But 4-7" might be the middle ground for 1,000-2,500ft. I'm just always skeptical of big 6-hrly QPF amounts of like 1"+...that can often tame down as the time comes.

Yeah it's just bad luck. We had really bad luck during the Leon train last year. It was cutter then -20F (and SNE snowstorm), then cutter, then -20F (and SNE snowstorm).

You still have two months left. Late January is when the frustration really hits. You guys had to block Eyewall and myself last year in the last week of January when Philly had it's 5th warning event while we couldn't even get an Advisory snowfall to come along. Re-read 2013 January thread, everyone lost it that last week, then a huge blizzard hit.

Later January is when folks seem to lose it, even though you know there are weeks and weeks left of potential. That's when I really went off the deep end last year. But Feb 14-March 30 was a sweet 6-week period even after I melted down.

Well what bothers me and I've said it befire is those posts in December saying it's not Climo to snow in SNE and not to worry etc etc. this year proves my point to the 10th degree that if you waste Dec and expect January to turn around that you play with fire. As you get later in Mid and late Feb you start fighting other issues like higher sun angle etc.. So it's absolutely imperative to start getting some good snow falls in Dec. I'm sure some will post "tell that to 95-96", but if Decembers are pissed away, chances are that winter is not going to be one to remember

24F moderate freezing rain and a bit of sleet.  My dirt road is now glare ice, impossible to travel.  I'm sure they are treating the main roads but 2 days of below 10F and then freezing rain is very impactful.  Trees are getting that ice look.

I thought I heard some pings off of the pellet vent pipe about 30 mins ago too. Up to 24.2F as the steady ZR continues.

At mht airport now. Never seen worse travel in 6 years in nh. 127 to 89 to 93. A mess the entire way

24F moderate freezing rain and a bit of sleet. My dirt road is now glare ice, impossible to travel. I'm sure they are treating the main roads but 2 days of below 10F and then freezing rain is very impactful. Trees are getting that ice look.

Archived