amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
We have a Dream MLK Disco Jan 18 Possible Wave on front

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Models are horrible with low level temps in these events sometimes. They consistently warm the boundary layer too quickly, particularly in lower elevations.

This wasn't that hard of a forecast. WIth negligible warm advection at the sfc not sure why people are shocked it's icy. 

This wasn't that hard of a forecast. WIth negligible warm advection at the sfc not sure why people are shocked it's icy.

I'm not shocked at all I almost expect it in our location in the valley but why does it seem like certain forecasters, and I'm not talking about you, always seem to downplay it and than issue advisories at the last second.

Ginx..condolences and apologies. I truly hope Cindy is ok

thanks waiting for ambulance,at least they are in a warm car. They had to break the Windows to get out of the car. I just watched two accidents on traffic cams, what a disaster down there. Hey absolutely nothing to apologize about. Does suck DOT didn't salt

I checked the hrrr at 3 a.m. And it had the warm air out running the precipitation. I looked at my thermometer at 19.5 and said it was not going to happen

key,for me,was seeing that high RH early this am and the fact the weenies snow maps kept showing accumulation in CT NYC. They were seeing frozen.

thanks waiting for ambulance,at least they are in a warm car. They had to break the Windows to get out of the car. I just watched two accidents on traffic cams, what a disaster down there. Hey absolutely nothing to apologize about. Does suck DOT didn't salt

This wasn't handled well by many. Really really bad. 

thanks sucks being here and getting that call after I texted her to tell the driver to take it easy, told her if you see rain it's ice. Man the traffic cams are a disaster

Ginxy I'm glad to hear your wife is OK. I know the people that do rescues put their full heart into doing something so wonderful, they are willing to do whatever it takes to help those animals (and be their voice). Hope everyone is doing ok.

they will be heading to the hospital,there was an EMT there and told all 3 of them to get seen,problem is nobody can get to them right now.

Update they are in the Ambulance , ten people in the ambulance, she said she is ok but sore but said there are a lot  of people hurt still at the scene with other ambulances. They were damn lucky to be alive.

Archived