amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
We have a Dream MLK Disco Jan 18 Possible Wave on front

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hopeful. Leaving for killington at 530A Monday!

If everything breaks right, you could have an easy drive with just wet roads until hitting a wall of snow while climbing the Killington access road.  How great would that be?  I've had that happen a few times over the years.

0Z GFS looks pretty similar to me for the central/northern Greens.  Maybe a tick warmer with heights crashing a little slower, but the precip arrives a little slower, too, so the big picture remain the same with the ski areas from Killington north being on the razor's edge with most of the warmth being below 850 mb.  Slower arrival of the precip as shown on the GFS would be nice for skiing tomorrow as any rain at the onset would wait until near lift closing.

0Z GFS looks pretty similar to me for the central/northern Greens. Maybe a tick warmer with heights crashing a little slower, but the precip arrives a little slower, too, so the big picture remain the same with the ski areas from Killington north being on the razor's edge with most of the warmth being below 850 mb. Slower arrival of the precip as shown on the GFS would be nice for skiing tomorrow as any rain at the onset would wait until near lift closing.

it's colder

it's colder

Using the weather.cod.edu site, I'm looking at hour 27 on the 0z vs. hour 33 on the 18z, and it looks insignificantly warmer on the 0z for coordinates 44.16,-72.93 (Mt. Ellen) to me.  I hope I'm misreading, though, as I prefer your take.  Again, the precip is a bit slower to arrive, so  my comparison of the same time stamp is probably a bit misleading as the column could be a little colder while the heaviest precip is falling. 

Using the weather.cod.edu site, I'm looking at hour 27 on the 0z vs. hour 33 on the 18z, and it looks insignificantly warmer on the 0z for coordinates 44.16,-72.93 (Mt. Ellen) to me. I hope I'm misreading, though, as I prefer your take. Again, the precip is a bit slower to arrive, so my comparison of the same time stamp is probably a bit misleading as the column could be a little colder while the heaviest precip is falling.

it's colder when it matters as it's starting to show the dynamic cooling for you guys. Enjoy man should be a wild elevation event up there

Euro ticked East a bit...looks golden from 2,000ft and up for a paste bomb. 925mb temps get to 0C before crashing again. With 1.5" of QPF, the EURO crushes the Spine and eastern slopes with a little elevation.

GGEM/GFS look decent too with H85s below freezing the entire time for the high els. Big QPF so may thread the needle at the ski resorts.

Great news on the new EURO. I arrived in Killington this evening. Staying at the Trail Creek condos at about 2,200ft. The good thing about Killington is that although they don't get nearly as much upslope as the northern greens, they have a ton of terrain above 2,700ft (the base of the K1 Gondi) so in elevation dependent storms like I'm hearing this one is, they may fair pretty well. I'm praying this storm doesn't rain on our parade!

-Jason

In this, the winter of my discontent, it would be comical if we ended up getting some thunderstorms ripping through.

I'm with Ginx, though. The ground temps will cause some slick roads for a short while.  Many of the secondary and tertiary roads (mine included) are snowcovered, so people tend to go a little slower on those.  But the plowed paved roads will have a bit of icing.

20.5/18

Archived