joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
We have a Dream MLK Disco Jan 18 Possible Wave on front

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

15year lurker from LI NYC area coming out of hiding for question for the more knowledgable posters re: I'm about to book a Ski Trip to Killington. Condos are almost sold out. Do we think KMART gets any rain or taint on Sunday bet 9am -3pm? Also how does Monday look? If someone had a gun to your head, would you book it now or not? I don't know if schlepping up to Jay would make a difference with the R/S line being mainly an east west issue. Any info/ advice would be greatly appreciated! Skiing is expensive but worth it if the conditions are decent. Thanks all!

-Jason

15year lurker from LI NYC area coming out of hiding for question for the more knowledgable posters re: I'm about to book a Ski Trip to Killington. Condos are almost sold out. Do we think KMART gets any rain or taint on Sunday bet 9am -3pm? Also how does Monday look? If someone had a gun to your head, would you book it now or not? I don't know if schlepping up to Jay would make a difference with the R/S line being mainly an east west issue. Any info/ advice would be greatly appreciated! Skiing is expensive but worth it if the conditions are decent. Thanks all!

-Jason

My guess is Kmart is gonna be okay. Jay might be a slight advantage over Kmart for snow line but it's pretty minor in this setup. Monday is probably some leftover upslope snowshowers. Jay peak would have heavier snow from that than Kmart.

Thank you ORH_wxman! I just booked the ski in/walk out condo at Trail Creek in Killington. Checking in tomorrow skiing Sunday and Monday. The Killington area is almost totally sold out. Let's hope the mountains get hammered! Maybe I'll post some pics while I'm up there. I do not plan on touching PF's pics, he's practically a prof met/skier/and photographer, lol.

-Jason

My guess is Kmart is gonna be okay. Jay might be a slight advantage over Kmart for snow line but it's pretty minor in this setup. Monday is probably some leftover upslope snowshowers. Jay peak would have heavier snow from that than Kmart.

Yeah I'm planning on going up Monday... Haven't seen a reason to cancel yet! Wouldn't be surprised if they started as rain and flipped to snow at night. Also wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing ticked east and whiffed the greens.

I just have to find the humor in the days and days of below temperatures then a day of rain and then back into the freezer.

Low teens Saturday night -> rain Sunday night -> low teens Monday night. Hopefully I see some snow up in Pinkham Notch this weekend.

:shiver: -> :underthewx: -> :shiver:

nothing is absorbed into my yard, ice should be perfect on the pond after this here

From a skiers perspective who lives in the coastal plain on Long Island, I have 2 ways to win, snow here or snow up in the mountains. I'm doubling my odds! Lol. And this season, we could use all the odd-doubling we can! Now that I'm committed after booking that expensive condo I hear talks of rain. I knew it was a gamble. I'm still hoping for no rain and the mtns get it good! Luckily the NAM is not the most reliable model, lol. Where are all the NAM bashers when you need 'em? Lol

Jason

Actually i saw it. There can be a case made for this trending toward meh and def nothing "very good" is high confidence right now. The ensembles had a major flip flop last 24 hrs which i guess you can brush off as meaningless but Its concerning as of now

what are you talking about,the ens didn't flip flop

Archived