Newest Member
    joxey
We have a Dream MLK Disco Jan 18 Possible Wave on front

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro owns this one again.

Man, i thought for sure yesterday it was going to cave east pretty good...but if the 12z GFS is any indication, it could be the first big Euro ownage since the Thanksgiving Eve storm. It had been struggling a bit, even in that 72-96 timeframe.

Although a GFS track verbatim would be a compromise of sorts rather than a straight Euro win, but it would probably be like 60/40 toward the EC.

Man, i thought for sure yesterday it was going to cave east pretty good...but if the 12z GFS is any indication, it could be the first big Euro ownage since the Thanksgiving Eve storm. It had been struggling a bit, even in that 72-96 timeframe.

Although a GFS track verbatim would be a compromise of sorts rather than a straight Euro win, but it would probably be like 60/40 toward the EC.

That was a big jump. Yeah, figured a compromise, but that was certainly a nod to the euro.

The area near the NH border like SR look like they get destroyed after about hour 69....check the BML soundings. Of course, this solution is probably not verifying verbatim anyway.

Yeah maybe west like SR, that may help. It looked awful to the east as the warmer air tucks in. But as you said...probably looks different at verification.  Maybe it's one of those things where you flip immediately to snow when that src-850 trough axis moves through. Big VT hit though.

not a fan of this upgrade. 

takes longer to process, seems unstable run-to-run, and i don't have a good handle on how to adjust for any of its shortcomings.

I am thinking the same thing.  Started me making me nervous when the para and gfs were showing very different solutions at the same time.  now what....

so often with the old GFS you could just sort of look at it...and say..."OK just need to adjust here and move this here" and so on. with this one...ugh. 

I don't know what to think. My first test will be some sort of a coastal or east coast system..even a clipper.  For this one, the outcome as far as I am concerned isn't going to matter, but the solution from 6 hrs ago vs now is funny.

not a fan of this upgrade. 

takes longer to process, seems unstable run-to-run, and i don't have a good handle on how to adjust for any of its shortcomings.

Yup - I'm not excited at all with the new GFS.

Getting owned by the Euro for the first coastal of its life is not pretty.

Archived