Newest Member
    joxey
We have a Dream MLK Disco Jan 18 Possible Wave on front

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did the flu make it to VT? Are you OK?

MLK holiday weekend, I've got a lot going on and just do not see a big upside to this storm.  I don't want to have to worry about a 15 mile tick west causing pouring rain on Monday.  I'd rather just go with some wrap around orographic snow showers and 1-3" than risk 1" of rain.

I could see a very narrow area of significant snow, but this system to me seems like it would be more worrisome than its worth, lol.  We are in a good spot right now, the skiing is excellent, the mountain snowpack is starting to mature, rain would be a big let down.  That, and I've been on the "no threats" to us at the ski resort train lately... so if it were to somehow rain, I'd get burned.  It doesn't fit with my holiday weekend forecast, so I'd rather it just stay away haha.

But again, moisture on the cold side once you get down to our latitude seems limited. I suppose you can't rule out an inch for now further west.

Exactly...will it rain, or will it be dry.

It would need to be farther south and more consolidated to have a chance, so it could get its act together at our latitude.

MLK holiday weekend, I've got a lot going on and just do not see a big upside to this storm.  I don't want to have to worry about a 15 mile tick west causing pouring rain on Monday.  I'd rather just go with some wrap around orographic snow showers and 1-3" than risk 1" of rain.

I could see a very narrow area of significant snow, but this system to me seems like it would be more worrisome than its worth, lol.  We are in a good spot right now, the skiing is excellent, the mountain snowpack is starting to mature, rain would be a big let down.  That, and I've been on the "no threats" to us at the ski resort train lately... so if it were to somehow rain, I'd get burned.  It doesn't fit with my holiday weekend forecast, so I'd rather it just stay away haha.

I think there's plenty of upside.  But the odds of that upside playing out are pretty darn slim.  I think I'll manage to get more of my driveway cleared from the rain than any gain to the pack--'pack' used gratuitously.

22.0/15

I think there's plenty of upside.  But the odds of that upside playing out are pretty darn slim.  I think I'll manage to get more of my driveway cleared from the rain than any gain to the pack--'pack' used gratuitously.

22.0/15

I took this photo skiing today on Mount Mansfield... its awesome right now out there.  I have no desire to play any game with the rain/snow line right now, haha.  The nickel and dime snowfalls are adding up just fine right now.

10931279_10102110972076900_4944084582650

Hopefully you can thread the needle.  Man what a narrow band of snow, lol.

2-meter temps really lag back though...I'm not sold on that cold snow to the coast on that run verbatim. 

Maybe Maine has a shot to the coast...that's probably mostly rain even in ORH that run even though it was pretty far east. It's just a bad setup for snow in a big area. As it moves north, the mid-level center gets a bit more organized so places like SR/Sugarloaf can probably do well.

Hopefully you can thread the needle.  Man what a narrow band of snow, lol.

2-meter temps really lag back though...I'm not sold on that cold snow to the coast on that run verbatim. 

Its late developing the low as it gets pretty far north to throw moisture back further to the west

Maybe Maine has a shot to the coast...that's probably mostly rain even in ORH that run even though it was pretty far east. It's just a bad setup for snow in a big area. As it moves north, the mid-level center gets a bit more organized so places like SR/Sugarloaf can probably do well.

Yeah it does end as snow to the Maine coast, but really any significant accumulations or plowable snowfall chance looks to be Sugarloaf/SR area like you said.  Its just not a good set-up to advect moisture into the cold dome until the low is too far north for most folks.  And like you said, that's a pretty far east solution, so going further east isn't going to help...except like I've been saying, get it far enough east so folks don't rain, lol.

Archived