amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
We have a Dream MLK Disco Jan 18 Possible Wave on front

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy she it on GFS parameters for PF land. Isodumpage to the max. That's like 18 inches in short order at 1500 ft

There really is no warm nose aloft, so yeah it's going to be a closer to strict elevation type deal.

The tippy tops of some of our mountains may do great, but the impacts above 4,500' are pretty minimal.

Stowe is on the edge, I could see a Tip blue snow cone or a ton of rain. I mean 5 miles could make the difference. Part of me thinks they'll be ok at least on the back end. Hopefully the front too.

Yeah that's where I'm at right now. Tomorrow morning's operational forecast is going to be a biatch to sort out.

Like mere miles will matter. You said it earlier and I agree, could see some weird meso-scale stuff like the early Dec blue bomb where it's raining at one spot while dumping 1 mile away at the same elevation. Slight tenths of a degree differences in the low levels below 2500ft will matter.

Just praying right now, haha.  This photo from today here in Stowe on the Sterling Ridge backcountry trails at around 2,000ft.  The snow is so good right now, just dry powder on top of a firm base from early season snows then thaw/freeze, and then like 18" of nickel and dime powder on top. 

Its pure winter out there right now for recreation.  This is why we are praying this doesn't mess it up too bad.

1508086_10205917989811822_28261996848611

Climatology gives me some hope for Sunday night and Monday.  How often do we see a driving rainstorm in the northern Greens in the middle of January with 1000-500 thickness in the 530s?  I'm guessing that either the upper levels are warmer than advertised, or it's mostly snow above 2000 feet.

Climatology gives me some hope for Sunday night and Monday.  How often do we see a driving rainstorm in the northern Greens in the middle of January with 1000-500 thickness in the 530s?  I'm guessing that either the upper levels are warmer than advertised, or it's mostly snow above 2000 feet.

I'm leaning more towards this side of it in VT.

Climatology gives me some hope for Sunday night and Monday. How often do we see a driving rainstorm in the northern Greens in the middle of January with 1000-500 thickness in the 530s? I'm guessing that either the upper levels are warmer than advertised, or it's mostly snow above 2000 feet.

I'm hopeful. Leaving for killington at 530A Monday!

Archived