Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    19,036
    Total Members
    49,013
    Most Online
    loganboehmewx
    Newest Member
    loganboehmewx
    Joined

September Nor'Easter Obvs Thread


WxWatcher007
 Share

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

my wife said the store was mobbed with ppl buying your typical stuff ahead of a blizzard, they really hyped this up on the news, at least from what I hear, and no canes really this season, had to focus on something. Plus people here noreaster and I think subconsciously think snow storm, aside from the coast it's not that big a deal most of the time, the day before I left was more windy than now, we'll see what later and tomorrow brings 

I went to go put gas in the gas can.  I realized there's no snowblower involved.  Force of habit. 

Last year with roads closed and impassable due to snow it was the first time a gas can actually mattered. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Reporting in from the City Known as The Town of Methuen....I can state that so far the city remains upright from the onslaught from The Storm of The Century....barely any rain so far and highest gust has been 32....

Absolutely ridiculous that some INDOOR sporting events scheduled for today were postponed for this lol

URGENT UPDATE FROM METUEN...

I just noticed a brave couple walking their dog...they are accompanied by a team of sherpas...never know when the drizzle may begin again..

#MEMORIESOF38

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, tunafish said:

Man, that one chair saved you from having to pick up a mess of shattered glass.

---

PWM

66/48 BKN with a few gusts in the  20 kt range.

I hate that table, I wouldn't have minded if the chair was there :lol: 

But yeah that would have not been fun, especially having a dog. Getting the glass off the pavement wouldn't have been terrible but if any small pieces got into the lawn...yikes. 

  • Like 1
  • 100% 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

my wife said the store was mobbed with ppl buying your typical stuff ahead of a blizzard, they really hyped this up on the news, at least from what I hear, and no canes really this season, had to focus on something. Plus people here noreaster and I think subconsciously think snow storm, aside from the coast it's not that big a deal most of the time, the day before I left was more windy than now, we'll see what later and tomorrow brings 

At market basket in leominster and its the busiest I've ever seen it.. and its usually crazy as it is here.. trying to put up chips is almost impossible today :lol:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Funny our lights almost always stay on.  But 1AM my wife and I were having a fun discussion and poof-no lights.  They came back on in 3-4 minutes and I’m thinking the Eversource person was posting ITT and accidentally hit the hot key to kill the power and had to bring it back before it got out of hand…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

eversource just texted me saying fallen trees and live wires in the vicinity of my house, wife said lots of sirens etc...its 85-90 and pleasant here (almost daily)in Soflo, I'd prefer home tbh... really don't know how people can live here year round, maybe when I'm a couple decades older I'd enjoy it, I like the change of seasons.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Funny our lights almost always stay on.  But 1AM my wife and I were having a fun discussion and poof-no lights.  They came back on in 3-4 minutes and I’m thinking the Eversource person was posting ITT and accidentally hit the hot key to kill the power and had to bring it back before it got out of hand…

that's an automatic reset when a branch hits a line. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

The hype masters on TV and online created the panic with the talk of a high end 4 day nor'easter...and that led to the mess

I'm curious what people would like us to do.

For example, look at the call to action on the NWS coastal flood warnings and high wind warnings. Probably more "panicky" than anything a met said on air. 

Our forecast will turn out to be pretty much perfect in terms of wind gusts, impacts (scattered outages), and coastal flooding (minor to barely moderate). 

  • Like 8
  • 100% 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

The hype masters on TV and online created the panic with the talk of a high end 4 day nor'easter...and that led to the mess

On a grade of 1 - 10, I would rate it a 7 so far. 20k without power in CT, 4k in MA, and 1k in RI doesn’t make this storm ordinary by any measure, but it’s also not the most severe we have had.

Another 18 hours before it passes west and occludes so let’s make a final judgment tomorrow or Monday.

Some areas definitely feeling it much worse than others.

  • Like 1
  • 100% 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...