• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Discobs 2024

George BM

Third or fourth round of rain/sleet/graupel/snow here. Almost whitens ground then stops and sun pops out a short bit to go back to previous. Temp hits 44-47 when sun is out, drops into mid 30's when precip falls. Currently 38.1/32.4 with all the above precip falling and a WNW wind at 8 gusting to 23. 

• Like 2

Fine almost winter weather just two months too late

Back 20+ years ago we used to get this in March.  Mostly sunny but cold aloft with strengthening March Sun and a little bit of any kicker and we would go from sunny to moderate rain or mixed snow and sleet  for 15 minutes and repeat the cycle 4 or so times  My record fir  all snow with a high temperature at that  moment of 47 at onset occurred March 1969  All snow at 47, fell to 35 and snowing. Stopped and sun came out and rose to 43 and then started up again and dropped to 35.

So...question about measurements. Around lunchtime, I was on an endless Teams meeting and we had about 45 minutes of fairly heavy snow. It looked like it was nearly an inch but by the time the meeting was over, the sun returned and most of it melted. How would I account (or not) for that?

3 minutes ago, katabatic said:

So...question about measurements. Around lunchtime, I was on an endless Teams meeting and we had about 45 minutes of fairly heavy snow. It looked like it was nearly an inch but by the time the meeting was over, the sun returned and most of it melted. How would I account (or not) for that?

ALL of these are really weird, whoever made them likes the Simpons I believe, but here is an idea and you can follow all the rest if you wish.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, katabatic said:

Go with the inch!  I was also suffering thru a two hour Teams meeting at that time :stun:

Burst of rain is thru here and had a little graupel mixed in

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Today reminds me of Orioles Opening Day 2003. Except then it snowed.

In 2004 the opening pitch was at 40 degrees!!!!!

1 hour ago, katabatic said:

That’s nearly an inch of snow accumulation then.  Doesn’t matter how long it lasts with regards to accumulation.

As far as snowfall, it was probably more since some melted upon impact with the ground.  You would need a frozen board to measure snowfall.

• Like 2