• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 15-16 Storm Thread 3: Obs and Disco

stormtracker

Radar a bit more scattered in coverage than I expected right now. Hopefully, it fills in some. Thought we would see another few hours of moderate snow before it became sporadic like it looks. Also, somehow the good bands keep missing me, lol. Either fall apart or go around me. Need to figure out who put up the force field.

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

9 minutes ago, caviman2201 said:

Nights like tonight remind me of the radio shows which were the nerdiest thing ever but damn if you didn't feel like there were other people like you... while everyone else was bemoaning and whining about the impending snow. Still can't believe someone as smart and respectable as Wes was willing to join us on some of those :lol:

I loved those!

13 minutes ago, IUsedToHateCold said:

I've been following since AmWx (2006 or so?). I think if you're into this type of thing, you're into it for life. I don't think any of us are going anywhere...

I been a member  of American Wx. Since 2010. Its the best weather  forum out there!! And with over 17,000 members, it maybe one of the biggest!!!

My final obs of the night - measured a hair under 4 inches here. Still some light flakes coming down, temperature 28. 

And my final thought of the night.

When it snows, this place is like a giant party and we're all drunk. Except, without a drop of alcohol. We're all drunk on the fucking snow. 

Good night. I know I'll be seeing you all here tomorrow. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, IUsedToHateCold said:

My final obs of the night - measured a hair under 4 inches here. Still some light flakes coming down, temperature 28. 

And my final thought of the night.

When it snows, this place is like a giant party and we're all drunk. Except, without a drop of alcohol. We're all drunk on the fucking snow. 

Good night. I know I'll be seeing you all here tomorrow. 

Tim Robinson Asking "Are You Sure About That?" | Know Your Meme

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Just now, midatlanticweather said:

Just hit 3 inches out here in Purcellville. Nice snow dendrites! Beautiful. Been intermittent large and then small flakes for a bit. Currently still large, but looks like another break with smaller based on radar! 

Another inch and I would be happy! A couple more, and I will be shocked! :D 

The RAP has had this band forming around 5 am that pivots through.  It will probably be the MD folks, but 6 am to 9 am looks like it could be something.  HRRR running now.  It hasn't really caught on yet

• Thanks 1

28/27, -SN, 3.75"
lol at LWX upgrading me as my storm was basically ending.  
Where is psu....complains 80% of the time and then disappears on the night it snows

Eagles/cowboys loss >snow?

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Deck Pic said:

The RAP has had this band forming around 5 am that pivots through.  It will probably be the MD folks, but 6 am to 9 am looks like it could be something.  HRRR running now.  It hasn't really caught on yet

I think we'll have light to mod snow all night.  Very light returns overhead and we still have light snow here.

Just now, pazzo83 said:

I think we'll have light to mod snow all night.  Very light returns overhead and we still have light snow here.

I'm not so sure about the moderate.  I can see it pixie dusting, but not sure about real deal accumulating snow unless there is some backbuilding and pivoting - which very well may happen.