Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2023

40/70 Benchmark

17 minutes ago, tunafish said:

Your phone must've called either Anthony or George.

It's times like these I miss the old George and James before him (RIP).  While almost always unrealistic, their optimism and exuberance for an unparalleled positive winter outcome was the deep counter balance to the frequent Eeyore posts, even if those are ultimately accurate.  Whether it's going "all in!" on a D15 Kuchera snow depth map or declaring a pending "blizzard" with conviction few men can muster, it showed that someone, somewhere (for some odd reason, specifically on or near the Cape...?) had faith that things were going to work out from a winter perspective.  Most sensible readers could sift through the posts and take them for what they were, but I for one appreciated the Lloyd Christmas-esque "So you're saying there's a chance?!" they brought to the table.

• Like 9

Just now, Lava Rock said:

really? We had a 15" storm middle of Dec that I'm sure the mtns got close to that, but don't recall. There were no rainers last Dec either, so it seems this Dec would be worse for the resorts despite the good start, no?

12/22-23 was a big rainer for all of New England. 

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

not sure why I don't recall it as I remembered last year as one of the 1st years in awhile we didn't have a grinch storm, but must have been thinking of another time. I hesitated pressing the submit button cause I wasn't 100% sure, but figured someone would correct me. Looks like we got 2.63" rn on the 23rd. Carry on....:lol:

7 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

not sure why I don't recall it as I remembered last year as one of the 1st years in awhile we didn't have a grinch storm, but must have been thinking of another time. I hesitated pressing the submit button cause I wasn't 100% sure, but figured someone would correct me. Looks like we got 2.63" rn on the 23rd. Carry on....:lol:

Yup, no pack outside the Whites.  :(

image.thumb.png.beec65ef4b8c906b217cab9bc5e81b6e.png

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

True - we had 3.25" though about 0.4" was in SN/IP at the start.  Thanks to the 22" with 2.41" LE on Dec 16-18, that 12/23 deluge only pounded the pack down to 12".  The big difference from the Christmas Day Grinch of 2020 is that most of the 2022 rain came with temps in the low-mid 30s while in 2020 the heaviest rain came at low-mid 50s.  There was only 4" OG going into 12/25/20 but even if it was 14", all would've gone down the Sandy River.

19 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

Can we just punt everything in exchange for the storm at the end of the GFS run? Too much to ask?

Yeah that was a fun look. Big slow mover too. But I think we’ll start getting some good chances late month and esp into January. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah that was a fun look. Big slow mover too. But I think we’ll start getting some good chances late month and esp into January. 

Yeah it seems like everything wants to slow up, at least after what barrels through on Monday...fingers crossed we finally get a good look here in SNE soon, feels like we haven't had one for almost 2 years now

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

Yeah it seems like everything wants to slow up, at least after what barrels through on Monday...fingers crossed we finally get a good look here in SNE soon, feels like we haven't had one for almost 2 years now

Ring in the new year by flipping our winter fortunes. Eventually the rubber band snaps back in our favor… 

• Like 3