• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2023

Stormlover74

The models, as of yesterday, had a period of sun for today, some had places in NJ hitting 90 like yesterday's 18z HRRR. We knew there was going to be an initial batch of showers this morning associated with the warm front, and we knew there is potential for decent convection in the evening hours. To be fair, it's not really a bust.

1 minute ago, TWCCraig said:

The models, as of yesterday, had a period of sun for today, some had places in NJ hitting 90 like yesterday's 18z HRRR. We knew there was going to be an initial batch of showers this morning associated with the warm front, and we knew there is potential for decent convection in the evening hours. To be fair, it's not really a bust.

Most forecasts I saw made that pretty clear and emphasized it would not be a washout. The beach forecast for today is 30% chance of rain and 20% for tomorrow 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, winterwarlock said:

Another busted forecast. Both Saturday and Sunday way more sun and better than expected. The futility of mets is hurting the beach season which has seen so so crowds because the mets keep forecasting showers every weekend and instead there is sun

Upton's had big rains here for over a week and we have something like .25 to show for it....

45 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Most forecasts I saw made that pretty clear and emphasized it would not be a washout. The beach forecast for today is 30% chance of rain and 20% for tomorrow 

The problem is most of the public doesn't understand probability forecasts-they see a bolt of lightning on the newscast and assume the day is shot...in reality, 90% of the day is rain free and decent.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

The problem is most of the public doesn't understand probability forecasts-they see a bolt of lightning on the newscast and assume the day is shot...in reality, 90% of the day is rain free and decent.

This. If I had a dollar for every time someone said it would rain because of a lightning bolt on weather.com I'd be a billionaire. 

Synoptic rains in the summer don't happen. It's gonna be hit or miss most of the time and it's almost always focused on the late afternoon hours. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

Upton's had big rains here for over a week and we have something like .25 to show for it....

26 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

Yea man. 

• Haha 3
  • Weenie 1

48 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

This. If I had a dollar for every time someone said it would rain because of a lightning bolt on weather.com I'd be a billionaire. 

Synoptic rains in the summer don't happen. It's gonna be hit or miss most of the time and it's almost always focused on the late afternoon hours. 

Well the tv and radio mets need to do a better job relaying this on a holiday weekend. I knew it wouldnt be a washout but I didn't  know it would actually be our best beach weekend thus far of a slow start to the year

24 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

friends of ours postponed a BBQ today b/c of the forecast....oops

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, CIK62 said:

Another Rain Fail till maybe 6pm+?        Some sun till 2:30pm.       T down to 78 from 83.

1688323680-AiOHaiR0FXQ.png

I’d say location dependent, but based on radar that may not be the case. Upton in their latest disco, not overly enthused, at least for my area. Wait and see, or is it wait and not see?