Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2023

Stormlover74

1 minute ago, Allsnow said:

Radar looks meh 

That’s being generous. It’s meh in areas where it was supposed to be not meh right now. I don’t see how the island gets anything meaningful tonight 

It will be steamy and very warm tomorrow through Thursday. Tomorrow could see some showers or thunderstorms. Temperatures could reach or exceed 90° in parts of the region through Thursday.

Afterward, near to somewhat above normal readings will likely prevail through mid-month.

The hottest weather so far now covers the Desert Southwest. Las Vegas topped out at 110° and Phoenix reached 115°. Death Valley finished with a high of 126°, the world's highest temperature so far this year. Tomorrow will likely see temperatures reach or exceed 115° in Phoenix and 120° in Death Valley.

The ENSO Region 1+2 anomaly was +2.9°C and the Region 3.4 anomaly was +1.0°C for the week centered around June 21. For the past six weeks, the ENSO Region 1+2 anomaly has averaged +2.37°C and the ENSO Region 3.4 anomaly has averaged +0.77°C. El Niño conditions have developed and will likely continue to strengthen through at least the summer.

The SOI was +16.80 today.

The preliminary Arctic Oscillation (AO) was -0.101 today.

On June 30 the MJO was in Phase 2 at an amplitude of 0.962 (RMM). The June 29-adjusted amplitude was 1.396 (RMM).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Hrrr keeps the activity north of 78

6 minutes ago, Rmine1 said:

That’s being generous. It’s meh in areas where it was supposed to be not meh right now. I don’t see how the island gets anything meaningful tonight 

Big fail from the models last night and today…all had meaningful rainfall in this area 

3 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Uws has had maybe a few tenths today. Brooklyn/ northern queens got that discrete cell that just dumped and dumped. Let’s see what survives before we call it…

I agree on that we was fortunate to get that cell that sat over us. The while region needs a ts to break the drought 

16 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Uws has had maybe a few tenths today. Brooklyn/ northern queens got that discrete cell that just dumped and dumped. Let’s see what survives before we call it…

10 minutes ago, dmillz25 said:

I agree on that we was fortunate to get that cell that sat over us. The while region needs a ts to break the drought 

Good evening L B S F, dmillz25. CPK registered .16. Stay well, as always…

IMG_6574.png

3 minutes ago, rclab said:

Good evening L B S F, dmillz25. CPK registered .16. Stay well, as always…

IMG_6574.png

Exactly. We had more right on the south shore of the island (the traditional summer drought capital) this morning with the warm front. I’m hoping the next line at least holds. I am responsible for an important campus and it’s watering needs on this me uws. I’m on vacation till Wednesday. Unfortunately my coworkers think it’s been raining a ton due to forecasts. Normal people due to stalk radar. But that’s why my gardens are the best of the best. 

• Like 1