Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2023

Stormlover74

58 minutes ago, doncat said:

Still need the rain around these parts though... Just 3"  for May-June combined.

Yeah I hope we get something decent tonight or tomorrow. The ground is already drying out again. We got a good amount of rain here during the last week of June and it certainly helped, but we still need a lot more after getting almost no rain all of May and the first 3 weeks of June. Still way behind in rainfall for the last couple months. 

1 hour ago, winterwx21 said:

Yeah I hope we get something decent tonight or tomorrow. The ground is already drying out again. We got a good amount of rain here during the last week of June and it certainly helped, but we still need a lot more after getting almost no rain all of May and the first 3 weeks of June. Still way behind in rainfall for the last couple months. 

I think we have to wait til tomorrow

• Weenie 1

Very localized storms, of course missing the two areas I need it to rain. Uws mainly.

I was just thinking about all the rain forecast for area beaches and its effects on crowds. This is the slowest start to the summer I have seen in 25 years life guarding at Jones beach and it basically hasn’t rained at all here. Currently sunny, with hardly anyone on the beach. Black clouds on the mainland. 

4 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Very localized storms, of course missing the two areas I need it to rain. Uws mainly.

I was just thinking about all the rain forecast for area beaches and its effects on crowds. This is the slowest start to the summer I have seen in 25 years life guarding at Jones beach and it basically hasn’t rained at all here. Currently sunny, with hardly anyone on the beach. Black clouds on the mainland. 

Eventually people will ignore the forecasts and start showing up....

16 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Rgem's been looking good. Hrrr stays more to the north

I like the 18z run of the HRRR , damn near spot on with the activity that's happening now. With the atmosphere relatively untouched and outflow boundaries in the area, I think we see some good boomers tonight in and around NYC.

2 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

And tomorrow the activity is gonna be widely scattered. We might get something tonight or tomorrow, or we might not get anything at all. We hope but who knows. 

So true. The recent NYC Manhattan experience has been that forecast rains tend to disappear as the time approaches. No idea why though.

• Like 1