Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/10 and beyond... all the waves threats

mappy

26 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Looping the 2m temp anomaly map on the 6z GEFS is depressing.  Chilly and unsettled throughout March.  

yup. pretty much my nightmare for the start of spring- no winter during winter months at all and then unseasonably cold arrives too late to really make snow a thing and when you want to start to feel warmth. Been like this for many of the recent years too. Part of this overall crap seasonal pattern I think. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, jayyy said:

NYC would have been an idiotic place to go to for this storm. Inland? All day. Rain/snow line keeps pushing NW on models. Looks like another Albany special is on tap. Have a feeling Worcester MA will be ground zero.

Albany has actually be hosed this year (relative to average). Bare ground up there most of the time, I had to chase further north. Last two storms were mostly rain. They are due.

39 minutes ago, RevWarReenactor said:

Albany has actually be hosed this year (relative to average). Bare ground up there most of the time, I had to chase further north. Last two storms were mostly rain. They are due.

My sister lives north if Albany.  They didn’t do well early in the season, but are making up for it now and look to end with more snow than climo.

Snowing here in Augusta County right now!

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Dendrimer77 said:

Despite solid radar, still no snow making it to the ground down here in Charlottesville. Virga virga-ing it

Nice little band coming over the mountain now that should produce, it dropped snow in Staunton 20 mins ago

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The fact that the NAM & Euro both drop over a foot and the GFS says 7-8” at my parents place but there’s no watch or advisory up is pretty wild. Not sure I’ve ever seen such uncertainty this close to a storm for their area.

They are typically right around the fall line (87 - NYS thruway is about 7 miles to their south) A true nowcast situation. Hope it doesn’t fail. I’m bringing mid Atlantic mojo with me afterall

• Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic